The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the settings for cult classics..

image002.jpg

images

jees ive just realised i might actually have a transfer rumour.

My dad is a cabby and he reckons he had someone in the back on friday claiming to be ITK - reckons the Baines to united deal is a goer but its cash + Nani.

I told my dad it was bollocks as nani for starters is supposed to be on 90k a week - and also spose to be going to Roma.

But hey, at least its a transfer bit of gossip and not me banging on about the board or martinezs credentials eh!

Most of them are managers because they played football. Thus have connections and those connections developed in their playing days have allowed them to have the career they have.

If they were half as good at their job as you think they are they wouldn't be getting fired ever second week.

No I'm not a manager but an avid football fan and I can tell you now that I watch more of this sport than martinez himself. I've got a deep understanding of the game and players. Sure I'll never work in the industry but its something I love so won't stop following it. To think that a man that's only been here 6 days knows more about what our team needs than me who's watched us season in season out is ludicrous to me.

Christ.

I need to copy and paste this to a favourites list.

what? because he says 'everton need a winger or a 20 goal a season forward' he knows more than our manager?

My 6 year old could tell you we need a forward or a midfielder. Jesus wept.

I actually think he's got a point.

he has, but the other part of the point not so much...chairman definitely appoint players on their playing ability/attachment to a successful club - look ohw many managers man utd have created! and all of them terrible

he has, but the other part of the point not so much...chairman definitely appoint players on their playing ability/attachment to a successful club - look ohw many managers man utd have created! and all of them terrible

Yeah, lots of managers get given jobs when they have no experience at all and lots of managers basically make no difference to the team at all. A lower division might go through 20 managers in ten years and basically do about the same.

I think as a general statement saying that just because someone has been given a managers job doesn't mean they know more than the man on the street about how to do that job is fair. Terry Connor, for instance, was clearly given a job he wasn't capable of doing.

Don't think you can apply that to Martinez though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back