The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of any other injury prone players around the age of 30 we can sign from relegated clubs?

I hear they are all the rage*

* yes I know I sound like I'm whining but our "business model" relies on regularly finishing high in the league and selling players on for a profit. If either of these things doesn't happen we'll be in real financial trouble, much more quickly than people appreciate.

how did our business model cope with paying £11.25M for Yak then letting him go for a pint of chang and a scouse pie after Moyes got bored of him not running the chanels?

Signings at any age and fee are a gamble and you quite simply cannot expect everyone to be young and sellable in 2 years time for massive profit.

Liek ive said before, Baines could make us £10M but we will be devastated if we lose him cos weve turned him into one of the best left back in the world!

Not too arsed about Deulofeu tbh very much potential and for a season loan with no option to sign even if he does well, i'd be majorly meh about it all. Keep an eye out if United sign any more strikers and try and get Welbeck on loan with a view to permanent if you're looking for a versatile quick forward. I know he had a bad scoring record in the league last season but other aspects of his game make him a good player.

Anyone know of any other injury prone players around the age of 30 we can sign from relegated clubs?

I hear they are all the rage*

* yes I know I sound like I'm whining but our "business model" relies on regularly finishing high in the league and selling players on for a profit. If either of these things doesn't happen we'll be in real financial trouble, much more quickly than people appreciate.

Precisely.

I actually think the Kone signing is brilliant, he clearly banged them in at a good rate for a poor side last season. You have to think that Martinez could improve that with better players around him, and doesn't 15-20 goals sound good to you guys?!

Other than this, we know we need another CM since losing Neville and Hitz. Fer anyone?

If we do bring the Wigan CB in, and Heitinga goes, meaning that we got Kone and the CB for Heitinga.. would that be a good move? I'd say yes.

Last edited:
Really need some quality added to the midfield.

If he's gone for Kone, Alcaraz and a backup GK to pad the squad out a bit, then he must find a quality midfielder (we need a central midfielder and a winger) to improve the starting 11.

This was on Sky earlier; AC Milan looked set to land Japan midfielder Keisuke Honda from CSKA Moscow this summer, but vice-president Adriano Galliani is now saying he would prefer a January transfer, with Honda's CSKA contract due to expire in December. However, the Russian club would prefer to recoup a fee for Honda - and that could spark renewed interest from Everton to make a move for the 27-year-old

Really need some quality added to the midfield.

If he's gone for Kone, Alcaraz and a backup GK to pad the squad out a bit, then he must find a quality midfielder (we need a central midfielder and a winger) to improve the starting 11.

Will most definitely happen with a sale, which is unfortunate. However, i think he's doing the right thing in strengthening the squad with what little resources we have available.

This was on Sky earlier; AC Milan looked set to land Japan midfielder Keisuke Honda from CSKA Moscow this summer, but vice-president Adriano Galliani is now saying he would prefer a January transfer, with Honda's CSKA contract due to expire in December. However, the Russian club would prefer to recoup a fee for Honda - and that could spark renewed interest from Everton to make a move for the 27-year-old

christ hes 27! he will have little or no re-sale value...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back