The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the majority of people now actually hoping we do sell Fellaini?

If this means that

1. Martinez will get the money to strengthen further.
2. It might mean we keep Baines.

Baines off before fellaini for me. I think fellaini in centre mid for a season will be amazing.

Want to keep both though.

If this means that

I am. But also because I think he wants to leave. I think Baines is the kind of player that will get his head down and turn out great performances regardless of what happens in the summer. I don't trust Fellaini to do the same.

There were a few occasions that put me off Fellaini last year (getting sent off against Stoke, and the performance against Wigan). He's a fantastic player, but I'd be happy if we got £24m for him, sooner rather than later preferably.

If this means that

1. no, because there is too much evidence we won't strengthen as you will need to be adding a world class centre mid, decent attacking option, useful defensive set piece option, a player with his marketing capability, someone who knows our style of play and fits in and adapts at a level we haven't had for years, a player who at best is one of two talisman we have. look at the money spent on second rate players in this window so far and tell me that's going to happen when teams know we are desperate to spend it
2. no. we are already being labelled as a selling club when its not true. sell one and the pressure mounts to sell another and top class players are less likely to come to a team in transition who have just sold a world class player

Oh man, I can honestly say I have never seen so many people so mad about us actually signing a player. Take your pick: Koné, Alcaraz (not Alcatraz you half-wit Brits, that's a dirty little prison we kept the weirdos in last century! ;)), or Joel (I still don't get the first name thing, but whatever), we all need to just calm the fukc down. 3 easy signings for now, and I'm confident we'll push on from here.

P.S. this is my unofficial application into the optimism brigade FinnFan.

Oh man, I can honestly say I have never seen so many people so mad about us actually signing a player. Take your pick: Koné, Alcaraz (not Alcatraz you half-wit Brits, that's a dirty little prison we kept the weirdos in last century! ;)), or Joel (I still don't get the first name thing, but whatever), we all need to just calm the fukc down. 3 easy signings for now, and I'm confident we'll push on from here.

Are you the cart who neg repped me for calling him Alcatraz?

You cart!

OB is always happy to take new prospects under its wings x

But more serious note Im kinda gutted that some are bashing these signings...theres 3 new players raring to go and under £7m.
Theres lots of window left to do some business and already linked players indicate that Martinez has different kind of approach compared to Moyes.

The more I think about it this Robles deal ...it really might be one brilliant bit of business

Would prefer if the window shut right now. ie keep felli and baines

definitely would take this at the moment. especially as the manager needs to work with the squad. hope we bring in an attacking mid but definitely not at the xpense of either of these two players

I am. But also because I think he wants to leave. I think Baines is the kind of player that will get his head down and turn out great performances regardless of what happens in the summer. I don't trust Fellaini to do the same.

There were a few occasions that put me off Fellaini last year (getting sent off against Stoke, and the performance against Wigan). He's a fantastic player, but I'd be happy if we got £24m for him, sooner rather than later preferably.

Pretty much nails my view as well

Seems insane to me.

How can you replace the best left back in the league mate?

Agreed, we cant replace Baines because a left back of his quality wouldnt come to Everton they would want CL.

I think we can pick up a midfielder who will score 10/11 a season though tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back