The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am. But also because I think he wants to leave. I think Baines is the kind of player that will get his head down and turn out great performances regardless of what happens in the summer. I don't trust Fellaini to do the same.

There were a few occasions that put me off Fellaini last year (getting sent off against Stoke, and the performance against Wigan). He's a fantastic player, but I'd be happy if we got £24m for him, sooner rather than later preferably.

agree that they both need to put their heads down and show just how good they are, but I seriously expect both to do that. We all love Baines but his performances did dip in as many games as Fellainis, probably because of injury but the main thing is we need players capable of taking a game on when things aren't falling for us and if one of those players doesn't do exactly that week in, week out, its good to know someone else will. I would love Fellaini to do it a lot more, but he has been treated as a squad player and its not allowed him that luxury. I don't see any real problem with his attitude considering he is targeted a lot more than most players. an arm round him, given a chance to play week in, week out in his best position and we have two, maybe three players if Mirallas improves who will make me believe that any game can be won. 40 mill value is a cert for me after a year like that and I think its most likely to happen if he is kept. hopefully we will be in a stronger position a year down the line and won't see the point of selling even then

Loosing Baines and Big Hair in one go would a major concern for the new season. It,s ok saying we can go and get, new players but if you cannot knit them into the side with afull pre-season behind them or if they come from the outside of the prem (europe) then you,ve got problems.

I suspect he wants to keep baines and he would let the other fella go but we could loose both and it could be dragged out all over the summer disrupting the clubs plans for the new season.

This summer has a long way to go yet and I suspect getting baines to sign a new contract will be key.

[
Are you the cart who neg repped me for calling him Alcatraz?

You cart!

Hahaha actually, no. Believe it or not, I have remained silent for this entire thread until my last post. Mind boggling I know. In case you're wondering, I do nothing but post...unless I've had a few beers, them I positive rep people.

Yeah, you don't have to tell me--I know I like dangerously.

If we signed Remy he would form a formidable team with Pienaar in terms of off the field women beating and sexual assaults.
Remy ffs, keep him away from Goodison,I think he would be perfect for Newcastle with their reputation
For taking on troubled personnel

Keep Baines, after all Fellaini does want to leave now, or in the near future, and if we get mixed results first half of the season I reckon his head will go down again. Just my penny.

Think i'm 50/50 on it mate.

He's like our 2nd best player. But if we want any more transfers I think he's is dispensible. He'd get a good price, and unlike Baines, I think we could replace him.

But equally i'd be happy if he stayed.

I like Fellaini...and would like too keep him

BUT

For the fee he would bring in we could get a couple of players in who suit what RM uses and needs. Felli is not an out and out DM or is he...Against Sunderland in the cup a few years ago he absolutely ran both ties...im sure there are more DM performances but those ones stuck in my head. But is he 24m of DM ?? We could get 2 OR 3 real decent players for that.

A pure defensive mf player to sit infront of the back 4. Dunno if Fer is that player or not. We need a strong player to protect the back 4 and doesnt give the ball away.

A direct winger...Moses for around £9m...yes he was a wigan player...but chelsea wanted him.Opposite or even next to mirallas..he could provide pace and power.

Honda for £5m would just be ace.

So if money is reinvested in squad...coukd be good....

oh one further thought....Felli for Lukaku...straight swap...that would me very happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back