The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone disagrees with this.

The problem is, they're still not good enough. Yes we should be making improvements as a big club who consistently finish in good positions... but better improvements than these. It's disappointing, really.

I agree, weve signed players who arent good enough for top 6 just because weve lost some donkeys.

So far for me, RM has strengthened an already good squad.

Losing Mucha, Neville and Hitzlesburger (spelling) along the way. Mucha was dog turd, the other two werent worth having last season.

Moyes made some terribly woefull and uninspiring loans and cheap deals - he had to cos were fkin skint.

RM is in the same boat - not got a pot to piss in - but for me he is making decent signings and ones he knows can do a job for him.

We might be a top 6 club but we dont have a top 6 budget. Weve got a relegation budget.

The snobbery on here cos theyre wigan players is a disgrace. Id still take Mcnanaman and McCarthy - which does in some way worry me cos if you can fit 5/6 wigan players in our team then how the **** did they get relegated?

Think thats the point though, you cant, cos they wouldnt get in in front of most of our first team...but theyre good players with experience who had a great deal to our squad and give good cover and options in games.

Under Moyes our bench was awful most of the time - which i think is why he didnt make any subs, cos he didnt have any he trusted!

This Robles could be a genius signing tbh. An english goalie of the same age and experience could be 5/6M and were getting upset that weve bought a young spanish keeper for just over £1M on a 5 year deal....cos he used to play for wigan for 8 games haha :lol:

We sign a 29 year old with no sell on potential - people moan...we sign a 23 year old keeper with possibly 20 years ahead of him...people moan. RM cant win! People need to extract themselves out of Moyes' arse, he done great, made some genius signings, made some fkin woeful ones as well. Im sure RM will do the same in the transfer market but for the love of god lets give him a chance FFS

FELLAINI GOING TO ARSENAL TODAY LADS YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Honestly, no problem with that as long as we hold onto Baines...

Then with the Fellaini money we buy Fer/Honda, preferably both, and we get in a couple of loan signings including Moses, add to that the three we have signed allready, and we I would be very happy with that.

One player gone, two bought that are just as good and probably more consistent, much needed depth added, and we are good to go...b)

I agree with you. If the ****e had just signed Kone, Alcaraz and Robles would anyone here be slightly concerned? Of course not.

In fact many on here would be ripping the pi$$ out of them.

I am a bit disappointed that Martinez hasn't spent that little money on someone a bit more promising, But on the other hand I do also accept that his hands are tied and there isn't an awful lot you can do with 5 or 6 million.

I'd have much rather the lad Cornelius that Cardiff signed, young talented and full of potential, but even he cost 7.5 million.

The amount of time it's taken to barter with Wigan for the 5-6 million for Kone, suggests we would have struggled to come up with the 7.5 needed.

It's frustrating but lets wait and see if Martinez and more importantly, the board, can bring in someone a little bit more exciting.

There's still time.

Edit: This is in reply to Zatara. I stuffed up the quote bit sorry.

We need to be realistic. We missed Europe due to lack of depth and lack of a reliable striker. The moves so far do improve this. Unfortunately the teams we are chasing and a few teams chasing us have more scope to improve, whether that is financially because they have more £ or because they had more glaring weaknesses in their starting XI.

The battle we are in given our ownership and finances is to try and maintain a top half position, ideally "best of the rest" and actually win a cup. I wish we were truly in a position to mount a serious top 4 challenge this season but I just don't see it. Moyes had us over-achieving our resources. If Martinez can do that, improve our football and win something in the next 2-3 years that will be a terrific achievement.

We just have no money.

The lads he has bought in will jel in quick and that's important. I agree they're not that exciting, but hey, we never usually sign anyone at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back