The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum and some of you on here are acting as if weve made 3 top signings. I can see the why motto was taken off the shirt now.

This is embarassing.

Back up keeper (ex wigan)
Back up 30yo defender (ex wigan)
Average 29yo forward (ex wigan)

Total disgrace. Robles may end up being good but he's now the 3rd signing who was playing under Martinez last season and relegated.

Sign of a weak manager to bring 3 players who arent highly rated with him.

Nobodys acting like anything.

Most of the sensible people can see it for what it us, some much needed cover in some key areas.

A young up and coming Keeper, that can put some pressure on our current number 1.
A seasoned International CB
A seasoned International Striker who scored 10+ goals last Season, something not many Everton strikers have done in the past.

Its not Buffon, Baresi and Messi, but its a few extra bodies for now.

Exactly, I was slightly concerned with the Alcaraz signing but the stats show the difference he made for Wigan when he played. With Kone I would expect around 15 goals considering he scored 11 with worse players around him. Robles was rated higher that De Gea a couple of years ago by all accounts, he could be an incredible signing.

Alcaraz gives us height as well, which we lack with Heitinga and Jagielka.

I suppose it will depend whether Kone starts every week, where he's played and whether he has a partner or not. I think there was only two league games where Kone scored and Di Santo didn't at least appear from the bench, so it looks like he prefers playing alongside another striker. He could do the legwork for Jelavic and allow him to loiter in the box.

Incidentally Di Santo is a free agent and is only 24 but it might be a bit ridiculous to take more than three players with him from Wigan.

I think Robles could be a rough diamond. He only kept 1 clean sheet in 9 games last season and he had the clanger where Bale charged down his clearance to score. De Gea was pretty raw at first though and will probably develop into an excellent 'keeper. It's good that we have someone who wants to push Howard for his place rather than accepting being number 2.

Jesus, some people are acting as though we can just go out and buy a striker who is younger and better than Kone. Or that Roberto could have magically went into the Asda and went 'Gis a Benteke for about 7 mil please, love'.

Kone - Arguably better than our 2 main forwards, at the very least a decent bench option.
Alcaraz - All right centre half, given that Heitinga will probably go, not a bad signing on a free to sure up the numbers.
Joel - IMO a good signing, young rated keeper who can give Howard competition.

Yeeah, it's not fantastic. But it's good to have some of the basic squad strengthening we needed done in early July. Be patient, we'll likely have one more exciting signing and a couple-three decent players should a certain afro or boss left back leave. Chill out guys. Let's at least wait till we get beat by Liverpool before we fume.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum and some of you on here are acting as if weve made 3 top signings. I can see the why motto was taken off the shirt now.

This is embarassing.

Total disgrace. Robles may end up being good but he's now the 3rd signing who was playing under Martinez last season and relegated.

Such cutting and insightful analysis. You've missed your true calling as a pundit.

This is embarassing.

Yet you've still not convinced anyone why these players are bad signings, say it often enough and you'll convince yourself.

Last edited:

This is embarassing.

What's wrong with a back up keeper who has great potential, and a back up defender who's proven to be solid? Do you feel we need better CB's than Jags and Distin?

As for Kone, he scored 11 last year. If he betters that for us and scores around 15, can you really complain?

I'm all for Nil Satis Nisi Optimum, but I cannot fault these three signings.

Had this argument with my brother tonight, these are improvements.

Joel, Alcatraz, Kone.

Are improvements on:

Mucha, Neville, Chebes.

In my opinion, the main reason that we did not finish in 4th or 5th spot after the start we had was that our depth was so shockingly lacking, Moyes had to continue to stick with his 13 or 14 main players or put someone on the pitch who was not or Everton quality. I mean think about it, Neville, the club captain, didn't play a single minute of football after the Wigan cup debacle. Not saying he deserved to, but it shows how shocking our depth was. All three signings are improvements, and with some quality youngsters breaking the ranks (Barklye, Stones, Garbutt, etc...) we could actually have a much deeper squad next year.

This is embarassing.

Everyones entitled to an opinion mate but just to pick up on a couple of points that you have made.

Firstly to say they are not highly thought of. Who has said that they are not?

Kone was courted by Newcastle and a couple of european clubs from all accounts and plays for the Ivory Coast.

Alcaraz had other offers from Belgium,Holland and Germany from what i have read and when fit seems to play most of Paraguays international games since breaking into the team. Also a few ex pros on tv/radio have said that if he stays fit he could be the best Bosman of the summer

Robles is a young keeper who has played every level in the Spanish national team up to and including u21's.

I hear your arguement mate, but seeing the above etc im prepared to give these guys my full backing and believe they are a stark improvement on the players released/retired at the end of the season.

Why would the three signings make him weak? He knows what they can do and believes they can bring something to the table. Who should he have bought for a combined 6/7 million to fill the squad out after losing a few at the end of the season?

Im not having a pop mate,j ust interested to hear a fellow blues opinion and would like to hear and understand your reasoning a little more.

Had this argument with my brother tonight, these are improvements.

Joel, Alcatraz, Kone.

Are improvements on:

Mucha, Neville, Chebes.

I don't think anyone disagrees with this.

The problem is, they're still not good enough. Yes we should be making improvements as a big club who consistently finish in good positions... but better improvements than these. It's disappointing, really.

The problem is, they're still not good enough. Yes we should be making improvements as a big club who consistently finish in good positions... but better improvements than these. It's disappointing, really.

They've got more potential and are more gifted than those players above that Moyes brought in/kept though.

They've got more potential and are more gifted than those players above that Moyes brought in/kept though.

Be patient, it's only July, long way to go...

Everyones entitled to an opinion mate but just to pick up on a couple of points that you have made.

Firstly to say they are not highly thought of. Who has said that they are not?

Kone was courted by Newcastle and a couple of european clubs from all accounts and plays for the Ivory Coast.

Alcaraz had other offers from Belgium,Holland and Germany from what i have read and when fit seems to play most of Paraguays international games since breaking into the team. Also a few ex pros on tv/radio have said that if he stays fit he could be the best Bosman of the summer

Robles is a young keeper who has played every level in the Spanish national team up to and including u21's.

I hear your arguement mate, but seeing the above etc im prepared to give these guys my full backing and believe they are a stark improvement on the players released/retired at the end of the season.

Why would the three signings make him weak? He knows what they can do and believes they can bring something to the table. Who should he have bought for a combined 6/7 million to fill the squad out after losing a few at the end of the season?

Im not having a pop mate,j ust interested to hear a fellow blues opinion and would like to hear and understand your reasoning a little more.

Do you think that the players signed are better than have left -YES thats obvious.

But do you think they are good enough for a top 5/6 team?

I certainly dont and it seems as though martinez thinks these wigan players are indeed good enough.

As for alcaraz its a disgrace signing players who spit . Disgusting.

Do you think that the players signed are better than have left -YES thats obvious.

But do you think they are good enough for a top 5/6 team?

I certainly dont and it seems as though martinez thinks these wigan players are indeed good enough.

As for alcaraz its a disgrace signing players who spit . Disgusting.

Honestly lad your having a nightmare here

Don't you have some models to finger or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back