The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oviedo looks a tidy player, we need to see more of him to form a decent opinion. The one thing he isn't though is 'fast as [Poor language removed]'.

[video=youtube;jXBPnHU2u4k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXBPnHU2u4k[/video]

He'd burn you in a race lad

Watch at 5.26 on that video, goes right through someone with a solid challenge an then sprints half the length of the pitch in about 2 seconds!

Oviedo looks a tidy player, we need to see more of him to form a decent opinion. The one thing he isn't though is 'fast as [Poor language removed]'.

I agree with this, I havnt seen him running like Usain Bolt or anything. He just seems like a decent player to me.

I agree with this, I havnt seen him running like Usain Bolt or anything. He just seems like a decent player to me.

Based on what? And in comparison to who?

Compared to Baines not a chance. Compared to Garbutt then definitely.

No use comparing to Bainesy sadly.

I think its more reasonable in this discussion to compare to Coleman.

If people were willing to give Coleman time to develop from average-makeshift RB to absolute boss exciting up-and-comer, then Oviedo/Garbutt can probably do the same.

Even Baines was kept out the team for a season initially by an out of position Lescott.

I think Oviedo could do a job. Not Baines' job. But still good enough.

Have to say, four signings without selling a player is good to see. Obviously we haven't paid much in the way of fees, but adding four players to the wage bill without shipping anybody off (yet) is promising.

How come nobody is going on about that Clement Chantome? He's boss, and we are supposed to be interested in him.

It would be good if a team other than Arsenal were interested in Fellaini, because at the moment they know that they are the only club interested in him, which will allow them to take the piss.

We should sell Fellaini and get Chantome and Moses in.

How come nobody is going on about that Clement Chantome? He's boss, and we are supposed to be interested in him.

It would be good if a team other than Arsenal were interested in Fellaini, because at the moment they know that they are the only club interested in him, which will allow them to take the piss.

We should sell Fellaini and get Chantome and Moses in.

Is he actually any good? Not a guaranteed starter in their side and appears to be liked by the fans due to him being brought up through the ranks there. Not sure what he'd bring to the table - he certainly doesn't contribute with goals and assists. What sort of player is he?

[video=youtube;jXBPnHU2u4k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXBPnHU2u4k[/video]

He'd burn you in a race lad

Never seen that vid!

Couldnt be any more like Baines if he tried! Fkin corners on the lad.

Honestly its took the edge of how devastated id be if Baines gets sold.

You know full well though that if he doesnt come in straight away and be a world beater like Baines he will get slaughtered by some fans as will RM - completly forgetting he is gonna need a run of at least 10 games just to start to settle in the side.

Is he actually any good? Not a guaranteed starter in their side and appears to be liked by the fans due to him being brought up through the ranks there. Not sure what he'd bring to the table - he certainly doesn't contribute with goals and assists. What sort of player is he?

He is supposed to have the best pass completion rate in France at 92%. He's been kept on the bench by Beckham who was being played for marketing reasons. He's supposed to be really good in the tackle as well, and has good defensive abilities. He was called up to the French national squad last year, and is in with a chance of going to the World Cup with them.

After this Barcelona kid, I don't think we're too far away from this season. I'm still adamant that we need creativity in the centre of midfield, but i'm pretty sure this won't come without the sale of Felli. I'm not advocating his sale, I would prefer it if we could keep him, but i've a feeling on the last day of the window, the boat will rock.

Think this may be the first season in a while where we have some options up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back