The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is supposed to have the best pass completion rate in France at 92%. He's been kept on the bench by Beckham who was being played for marketing reasons. He's supposed to be really good in the tackle as well, and has good defensive abilities. He was called up to the French national squad last year, and is in with a chance of going to the World Cup with them.

Have seen him compared to Deschamps which is obviously a massive compliment. Not sure how he'd do in the Premiership - does he dictate the apce of a game like Arteta or is he a workhorse who plays it simply like Carsley? We need the former to replace Fellani

After this Barcelona kid, I don't think we're too far away from this season. I'm still adamant that we need creativity in the centre of midfield, but i'm pretty sure this won't come without the sale of Felli. I'm not advocating his sale, I would prefer it if we could keep him, but i've a feeling on the last day of the window, the boat will rock.

Think this may be the first season in a while where we have some options up front.

If Fellaini goes we need to get 2 quality central players to replace him - with hopefully Moses comnig in on loan with a view to buy as well. Think we'd be really strong then with options all over the pitch

He is supposed to have the best pass completion rate in France at 92%. He's been kept on the bench by Beckham who was being played for marketing reasons. He's supposed to be really good in the tackle as well, and has good defensive abilities. He was called up to the French national squad last year, and is in with a chance of going to the World Cup with them.

chatting to a french lad in paris on twitter, seems to post stuff about PSG before they get officially anounced...

@Jon_LeGossip

He seems gutted that he is leaving, but pretty certain that he will go to OM rather than everton

[h=2][/h]

If Fellaini goes we need to get 2 quality central players to replace him - with hopefully Moses comnig in on loan with a view to buy as well. Think we'd be really strong then with options all over the pitch

I'm not big on a Moses move, think he is pretty good, but there are better options available. I think, if Martinez was given the full £23m or so from the transfer, then a signing like Chadli - who will cost no more than 10m Euros according to some reports - would be perfect. Don't believe we can get Honda nor Fer (on his way to Norwich). It's then onto Martinez to use his scouting network to bring in 1-2 good central midfielders.

EDIT: Is Diame's release clause still just £3.5m?

It's all very well and good signing the likes of Kone, Alcaraz, etc, but what we desperately need is players go to into the first XI who are clearly better than what we have at present.

It appears our transfer budget will have been spent and we'll not see a single like-for-like improvement brought in.

That, to me, would be bitterly disappointing.

It's all very well and good signing the likes of Kone, Alcaraz, etc, but what we desperately need is players go to into the first XI who are clearly better than what we have at present.

It appears our transfer budget will have been spent and we'll not see a single like-for-like improvement brought in.

That, to me, would be bitterly disappointing.

Been saying this for a week

I'm not big on a Moses move, think he is pretty good, but there are better options available. I think, if Martinez was given the full £23m or so from the transfer, then a signing like Chadli - who will cost no more than 10m Euros according to some reports - would be perfect. Don't believe we can get Honda nor Fer (on his way to Norwich). It's then onto Martinez to use his scouting network to bring in 1-2 good central midfielders.

I just think we'd need to spend most of the money brought in on 2 central players - 1 wouldn't be enough to replace what Fellaini brings to the table but 2 who could be an improvement on Fallain and Gibson would work and we'd have Gibson as back up. Not sure what's happening with that Belgian midfielder Junior Malanda but he could work as a cheapish option and bring the power to play alongside someone like Defour who would dictate the play.

Anything left after signing 2 central players could then go towards a Chadli / Moses

Been saying this for a week

Mate there is nothing else we could do with a restricted budget. Believe me, I am all for improving the starting XI, but to sign a player that will do that will cost 10m+.

I'm happy thus far, i've come to accept we're Everton, I believe we have strengthened the depth in each area especially up front.

There is literally nothing else to do with no money. Shrewd business has been done. We can't go out and sign Bony, Paulinho etc for big lumps of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back