The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's old and is successful, who cares? Look at Aston Villa, they've brought in complete young team and are useless. Distin was arguably better than Jags last season and Anichebe had his best season yet, showing massive signs of improvement.

Kone is on a 3-year deal, means he'll be 32 when that's up, won't exactly be a sloth at that age will he? Besides, strikers and defenders reach their prime in their late 20's.

How to replace these old players with no money ???

I know, lets sign 2 average 30 year olds to add to the list of players whose value will plummet.

Awesome ♥♥♥

If it's old and is successful, who cares? Look at Aston Villa, they've brought in complete young team and are useless. Distin was arguably better than Jags last season and Anichebe had his best season yet, showing massive signs of improvement.
Word mate, word. I don't want us to go down the path of signing youngsters and putting them all in the starting XI a la Villa, but we have to bring down the age of the squad with quality younger players. Pienaar had an awful season and isn't going to improve any more, Distin was good last season but won't go on forever and I imagine this is his last season with us. Anichebe, well, that says it all if he was thought of as having had a brilliant season last time round. His technical ability is next to nothing, although he is good for four or five barge-through-a-few-defenders-and-smash-one-past-the-keeper goals per season, I'll give him that.

Kone is on a 3-year deal, means he'll be 32 when that's up, won't exactly be a sloth at that age will he? Besides, strikers and defenders reach their prime in their late 20's.
I'll give him a chance, but we need to bring in somebody who can get us 20 goals a season. Could the answer be Jelavic? He could be like a new player this season under Martinez.

I know, lets sign 2 average 30 year olds to add to the list of players whose value will plummet.

Awesome ♥♥♥

Thinking about making you the first person on my ignore list.

You're endless needless negativity is so tedious.

Uh? We have zero decent strikers in the squad (Mirallas is a winger, right?).

We've brought in a near 30-year-old who, when his pace is gone, will be completely worthless. He already has no sell-on value.

Alcaraz isn't a first XI player, and in any case Duffy was more than adequate as a backup CB. I'll understand Alcaraz's signing once Heitinga is sold, however, and it'll have made good business sense.

Our starting XI is OLD. Pienaar / Osman / Distin all comfortably past their best but on big-money contracts, Naismith is ****e, Anichebe is a waste of space.

We need quality.

Yep, we were so shockinlyg bad carrying those "past their best" players last season, it's a miracle that we finished 6th and were fighting for a CL place until about 4 games to go.

You and Zatara need to get laid, you pm'd him yet? I think he might be available.

Awesome ♥♥♥

Name two younger players, just as good, that we could have signed for a combined £5m.

Word mate, word. I don't want us to go down the path of signing youngsters and putting them all in the starting XI a la Villa, but we have to bring down the age of the squad with quality younger players. Pienaar had an awful season and isn't going to improve any more, Distin was good last season but won't go on forever and I imagine this is his last season with us. Anichebe, well, that says it all if he was thought of as having had a brilliant season last time round. His technical ability is next to nothing, although he is good for four or five barge-through-a-few-defenders-and-smash-one-past-the-keeper goals per season, I'll give him that.

I'll give him a chance, but we need to bring in somebody who can get us 20 goals a season. Could the answer be Jelavic? He could be like a new player this season under Martinez.

I'm all for reducing the squad age, but we can't simple bring in quality young players without selling. To be honest, i'm happy with not selling anyone (bar Heitinga) this window. We weren't that short of Europe last season, a few more goals in draws that we should of easily won and we could have been there. That's where Kone and hopefully this Barca lad will come in.

I wasn't a big fan of Kone to being with, but i've realised he is the best we could sign for that money. If Jela can come into form, Kone can get another 12+ goals and Anichebe/Mirallas and co could chip in with a few, i'd be more than happy. I trust our defence to do another solid job.

Yep, we were so shockinlyg bad carrying those "past their best" players last season, it's a miracle that we finished 6th and were fighting for a CL place until about 4 games to go.

You and Zatara need to get laid, you pm'd him yet? I think he might be available.
I apologise mate. You're right. I'm sorry.

Being realistic and pragmatic with BK in charge. Find that quite an insulting comment to GOT and our fan base as a whole Zatara

Hopefully next season NSNO will return to the badge and perhaps you can use that ethos as a benchmark.

Your 1st sentence btw is nonsense. It's not unrealistic to expect better signings for 10mil GBP than the rubbish signed so far.

You'll see this season. 10mil down the drain.

Word mate, word. I don't want us to go down the path of signing youngsters and putting them all in the starting XI a la Villa, but we have to bring down the age of the squad with quality younger players

So do you not consider the likes of Kone and Alcaraz being added on shorter contracts also gives the likes of Lundstram, Duffy, Stones, Kennedy, Garbutt and Long time to develop and be ready when they are finally selected for duty?

Our squad isn't even that old. We've just gotten rid of our oldest player, this is the line up age wise. Mirallas and Kone up front, DuelFoof on the wing.

24 30 35 28
19 25 25 31
25 29

There's only three players there who'd need to be replaced or taken to the bench in the near future, Distin, Howard, and Pienaar. Not exactly an ancient starting eleven, and we have youth coming through with the likes of Barkley, Stones, and Duffy.

Hopefully next season NSNO will return to the badge and perhaps you can use that ethos as a benchmark.

Your 1st sentence btw is nonsense. It's not unrealistic to expect better signings for 10mil GBP than the rubbish signed so far.

You'll see this season. 10mil down the drain.

You're utterly clueless.

According to the Echo, we're trying to sign Victor Moses for £8m. I wonder if there's any truth in this. Personally, I'd rather try and get the Barcelona kid on loan.

Name two younger players, just as good, that we could have signed for a combined £5m.

I'm all for reducing the squad age, but we can't simple bring in quality young players without selling. To be honest, i'm happy with not selling anyone (bar Heitinga) this window. We weren't that short of Europe last season, a few more goals in draws that we should of easily won and we could have been there. That's where Kone and hopefully this Barca lad will come in.

I wasn't a big fan of Kone to being with, but i've realised he is the best we could sign for that money. If Jela can come into form, Kone can get another 12+ goals and Anichebe/Mirallas and co could chip in with a few, i'd be more than happy. I trust our defence to do another solid job.

A-- Kone 5mil and signing fee
B--Alcaraz signing fee
C--Out naismith / Heitinga combined 3mil ish.

So now we have 9mil.

A--Duffy becomes 3rd choice (well earned in my opinion).

B-- Van Ginkel / Chadli / Fer are just 3 players on the GLOBAL MARKET who have moved or who are moving for 9mil / 7.5mil and 4.5 mil respectively

Neville / hitzlesperger/naismith/heitinga who are all poor players replaced by Duffy / 9mil to play with...id rather have 2 or 3 of quality than 4 who arent close to playing.

Surely theres 2 players on the globe better than kone and alcaraz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back