The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think we'd need to spend most of the money brought in on 2 central players - 1 wouldn't be enough to replace what Fellaini brings to the table but 2 who could be an improvement on Fallain and Gibson would work and we'd have Gibson as back up. Not sure what's happening with that Belgian midfielder Junior Malanda but he could work as a cheapish option and bring the power to play alongside someone like Defour who would dictate the play.

Anything left after signing 2 central players could then go towards a Chadli / Moses

Know nothing about Malanda, to be honest, but couldn't see him going straight into the deep end. My thinking with it is that Lundstram and Barkley both look like real talents who will get a chance this year. Whether they are ready for it yet, i'm not so sure. But definitely, 2 central midfielders would be good, especially with doubts over Gibson's fitness.

I was a massive doubter under Martinez at the start, but he's winning me over. A few more cheeky signings (like Deulofeu) and i'll be very impressed.

My only questions is now though; are we done signing players - unless someone leaves? Martnez did say he wanted 3-4 new players, each in different areas. So far, if the reports are correct, we've ticked all the boxes.

Mate there is nothing else we could do with a restricted budget. Believe me, I am all for improving the starting XI, but to sign a player that will do that will cost 10m+.

I'm happy thus far, i've come to accept we're Everton, I believe we have strengthened the depth in each area especially up front.

There is literally nothing else to do with no money. Shrewd business has been done. We can't go out and sign Bony, Paulinho etc for big lumps of money.

Could have signed Fer for 4.5mil it appears?

That would have been a productive signing.

For the dough that has been spent the squad has been improved.

You know the score, if we want marquee signings it will only be on the back of a departure of Baines or Fellaini.

Stop stating the obvious repeatedly.

Approx 10mil will have been done on these 4.

Could have signed Fer for 4.5mil it appears?

That would have been a productive signing.

Who's to say something like that won't happen? Seriously lad reading this needless negativity is sickening, the club is making things happen so far this summer - if we don't sign someone on Fer's level by the END of this transfer window then you can moan all you like but at the moment it's ridiculous.

If we sign Deloufeu then it's been a great three days for the club, and no one can doubt that Martinez is making all the right noises so far.

Know nothing about Malanda, to be honest, but couldn't see him going straight into the deep end. My thinking with it is that Lundstram and Barkley both look like real talents who will get a chance this year. Whether they are ready for it yet, i'm not so sure. But definitely, 2 central midfielders would be good, especially with doubts over Gibson's fitness.

I was a massive doubter under Martinez at the start, but he's winning me over. A few more cheeky signings (like Deulofeu) and i'll be very impressed.

My only questions is now though; are we done signing players - unless someone leaves? Martnez did say he wanted 3-4 new players, each in different areas. So far, if the reports are correct, we've ticked all the boxes.

To be honest if we get Deulofeu signed up i'll be happy with our transfer dealings. We'll have brought in some goals, a new exciting youngster who could be anything from a decent option to a big improvement on our current wide men and some good back up to cover injuries etc. Just need to get Baines signed up, keep Fellaini and get rid of Heitinga.

If Fellaini goes then it all changes and he'll need to bring in at least 2 top players. I don't want to have to rely on someone like Lundstram being able to take the step up. I'd rather see him go out on loan to a championship side for the season.

I thought the general opinion was our first team was great, but we needed squad depth?

Which is what we've done..

Uh? We have zero decent strikers in the squad (Mirallas is a winger, right?).

We've brought in a near 30-year-old who, when his pace is gone, will be completely worthless. He already has no sell-on value.

Alcaraz isn't a first XI player, and in any case Duffy was more than adequate as a backup CB. I'll understand Alcaraz's signing once Heitinga is sold, however, and it'll have made good business sense.

Our starting XI is OLD. Pienaar / Osman / Distin all comfortably past their best but on big-money contracts, Naismith is ****e, Anichebe is a waste of space.

We need quality.

To be honest if we get Deulofeu signed up i'll be happy with our transfer dealings. We'll have brought in some goals, a new exciting youngster who could be anything from a decent option to a big improvement on our current wide men and some good back up to cover injuries etc. Just need to get Baines signed up, keep Fellaini and get rid of Heitinga.

If Fellaini goes then it all changes and he'll need to bring in at least 2 top players. I don't want to have to rely on someone like Lundstram being able to take the step up. I'd rather see him go out on loan to a championship side for the season.

That's true. Think another year with Doncaster in the Championship would be perfect for Lundstram. Surrounded by faces he knows and he played well for them last year.

I'm happy with our current business, but I still have a feeling Martinez has something up his sleeve. There is a reason he hasn't went after Fer this window, when we are clearly in need of a centre midfielder. As long as it isn't James McCarthy he's lining up, i'm sold.

chatting to a french lad in paris on twitter, seems to post stuff about PSG before they get officially anounced...

@Jon_LeGossip

He seems gutted that he is leaving, but pretty certain that he will go to OM rather than everton

[h=2][/h]

There's quite a few news reports suggesting he would consider a move to the Premier League.

I like the sound of him.

Personally liking Martinez's business so far. I don't see what there is to complain about.

It's July 10th, some of the comments on here are just embarrassing. 3 players (soon to be 4) announced in two days is as quick business as I can remember us doing. Shrewd.

We've brought in a near 30-year-old who, when his pace is gone, will be completely worthless. He already has no sell-on value.

Alcaraz isn't a first XI player, and in any case Duffy was more than adequate as a backup CB. I'll understand Alcaraz's signing once Heitinga is sold, however, and it'll have made good business sense.

Our starting XI is OLD. Pienaar / Osman / Distin all comfortably past their best but on big-money contracts, Naismith is ****e, Anichebe is a waste of space.

We need quality.

If it's old and is successful, who cares? Look at Aston Villa, they've brought in complete young team and are useless. Distin was arguably better than Jags last season and Anichebe had his best season yet, showing massive signs of improvement.

Kone is on a 3-year deal, means he'll be 32 when that's up, won't exactly be a sloth at that age will he? Besides, strikers and defenders reach their prime in their late 20's.

We need quality.

I absolutely agree. Seems our fans are happy to see any clown sign.

That's true. Think another year with Doncaster in the Championship would be perfect for Lundstram. Surrounded by faces he knows and he played well for them last year.

I'm happy with our current business, but I still have a feeling Martinez has something up his sleeve. There is a reason he hasn't went after Fer this window, when we are clearly in need of a centre midfielder. As long as it isn't James McCarthy he's lining up, i'm sold.

That's an interesting thought and one that makes a lot of sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back