The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh? We have zero decent strikers in the squad (Mirallas is a winger, right?).

We've brought in a near 30-year-old who, when his pace is gone, will be completely worthless. He already has no sell-on value.

Alcaraz isn't a first XI player, and in any case Duffy was more than adequate as a backup CB. I'll understand Alcaraz's signing once Heitinga is sold, however, and it'll have made good business sense.

Our starting XI is OLD. Pienaar / Osman / Distin all comfortably past their best but on big-money contracts, Naismith is ****e, Anichebe is a waste of space.

We need quality.

All comfortably past their best?

Pienaar equalled his best ever goalscoring season last year.
Osman was called up to the England squad for the first time in his career because he was in the form of his life in the first half of the season.
Distin was as good as he's ever been for us last season.

Players can play to a high level into their mid 30's. Over the next few seasons they may not be able to play every week but Osman and Pienaar in particular have never relied on their pace and I think will be able to play a 'Giggs' type squad role for us for a good few years yet.

Honestly, naismith out and heitinga out for 3mil should be achievable shouldnt it?

Surely for the 9mil theres 2 better players out there?

Seems hes only looking at wigan and his old pals.

Please name a striker, a centre half and a goalkeeper who could be had for no more than a total of 6,5 mil and who are better than the three we have signed.

I dont see any of them as good enough...

Moses as well has no end product. 8mil GBP seems a high price to pay when theres far better players on the continent.

Why is everyone entertaining this WUM?

He clearly loves to get under your skin and will say anything to do so.

He also knows nothing about the very game he chats so much about.

For a min do you think

A. He would never come to Everton
B. Hes on about 150k a week

Just a thought

Just answering the question...

Plus, if we didn't buy/loan certain players or got rid of a couple, I'm sure we could afford 150k ;)

Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham 1m
Toffees now asking about #Rafinha. I can't say for SURE he's not coming to Goodison but queue of Liga clubs and Celta Vigo look v likely

Just answering the question...

Plus, if we didn't buy/loan certain players or got rid of a couple, I'm sure we could afford 150k ;)

We have a pay structure here at Everton, so that would make him are highest paid player by like 70-90k which is ridiculous and unfair to players like Baines.

OK, assuming this Deulofeu kid is coming in - looking at the squad it is looking very healthy, lot of defenders though!

GK - Howard, Robles

Def - Coleman, Hibbert, Stones, Baines, Oviedo, Jagielka, Distin, Alcaraz, Heitinga, Duffy.

Central MF - Gibson, Fellaini, Barkley, Osman.

Wide players - Mirallas, Peinaar, Deulofeu

Strikers - Jelavic, Kone, Anichebe, Vellios

I am sure a couple of them at least will be going out, and this is not taking into account Garbutt, Lundstram or Kennedy.

Not too shabby at all IMO

Last edited:
This graham hunter is a load of crap aswell.
Someone tweeted him saying

'Is Rafinha still on the cards for everton'

then a couple of minutes later he makes a new tweet saying

Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham now

Toffees now asking about #Rafinha. I can't say for SURE he's not coming to Goodison but queue of Liga clubs and Celta Vigo look v likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back