The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's been a great three days, for me now I'd life to see Heitinga, Gueye and Naismith gone and Fer, Honda and Malanda come in. Then I could sit back and relax for the rest of the summer! Come on Roberto make it happen, please!

We need a goal getting #10. We are crying out for creativity and ownership in the ACM role.

Someone who is proven and capable of banging in 15+.

Osman and Pienaar are not the answer. Hope it's Barkley but needs time.

A few transfer thoughts:

1) Do NOT want to lose Jelavic. I think Martinez may be able to get the best out of him yet and the system may work in his favor.

2) Would love Victor Moses at Everton. He could do the business for us. Our attack wouldn't be slow, that's for sure.

3) I'd love Joleon Lescott back at Everton but fee/wages probably out of our range and with Alcaraz, need isn't as urgent.

4) Love Johnny but probably time to cash in. Might not get as much based on his current form (compared to the prior year's performance) but if we could get 4-5M for him, I'd take it.

5) Don't think we could get anything for Gueye but perhaps a loan might work one more time.

6) Now I'm very confident that I'm in the minority here but I actually wouldn't mind keeping Naismith provided that if he plays, it's up front with another striker (preferably Jelavic). If he's going to continue to be played in the midfield, then Martinez may as well sell him. 3-4M would be great but not sure we could get that much. Squad depth still helps.

7) If Hibbert is healthy, then I'd look to loan out Stones so that he can get some playing time.

Overall, it's an understatement to say that I've been thoroughly impressed with Roberto's work in the transfer market so far.

Very impressed.

I'm just waiting for it to all come crashing down when we sell Baines and or Fellaini. I know I shouldn't think like that, but it's Everton ffs, we can't do a whole transfer window properly.....can we?

I'm just waiting for it to all come crashing down when we sell Baines and or Fellaini. I know I shouldn't think like that, but it's Everton ffs, we can't do a whole transfer window properly.....can we?

I think we sadly will end up selling at least one of them

I'd be sad to see both go, but if I could pick one to stay, it would be Baines. I think he'd be much harder to replace. Selling Felli might give the team an impetous to promote some of the younger players in the squad or spend the Felli money on a replacement like Honda

if we had to lose someone out of baines and felli then its fellaini to go. i dont want to lose either but as said earlier baines is harder to replace.

A few transfer thoughts:

1) Do NOT want to lose Jelavic. I think Martinez may be able to get the best out of him yet and the system may work in his favor.

2) Would love Victor Moses at Everton. He could do the business for us. Our attack wouldn't be slow, that's for sure.

3) I'd love Joleon Lescott back at Everton but fee/wages probably out of our range and with Alcaraz, need isn't as urgent.

4) Love Johnny but probably time to cash in. Might not get as much based on his current form (compared to the prior year's performance) but if we could get 4-5M for him, I'd take it.

5) Don't think we could get anything for Gueye but perhaps a loan might work one more time.

6) Now I'm very confident that I'm in the minority here but I actually wouldn't mind keeping Naismith provided that if he plays, it's up front with another striker (preferably Jelavic). If he's going to continue to be played in the midfield, then Martinez may as well sell him. 3-4M would be great but not sure we could get that much. Squad depth still helps.

7) If Hibbert is healthy, then I'd look to loan out Stones so that he can get some playing time.

Overall, it's an understatement to say that I've been thoroughly impressed with Roberto's work in the transfer market so far.

Very impressed.

Agree with most of that mate.

Jelavic will not have the best brought out of him by Martinez, nor will he benefit from Martinez new style! He requires a CF that will run Channels and is able to play with his back to goal, bringing others into play with the ball on the ground.... None of these are things that jelavic does very well and is why he's brought kone in. I'd be suprised if jelavic is still here by January.

Victor Moses, Yes would be a very good signing. Hope it happens!

Lescott, yep agree, Heitinga is most likely off so will need another immaterial of alcaraz signing. Distin can't have long left in those legs and lescott would be great to replace and has a good 3/4yrs in him.

Agree with Guaye, but think there will be someone out there (probably abroad) that would pay 1M for him.

Naismith, Nah sorry mate, he's simply not good enough. If we get the signings we want he won't even make the bench. Moses mirallas Deulofeu pienaar would be sufficient for the wide roles, if another needed a certain L Donovan will be available shortly, who yes is getting on but still twice the player of Naismith.

Yeah Stones loan would be a good move. Same applies to lundstrum, Duffy and maybe Kennedy too.

i honestly believe Jelavic will have a decent season, think him and Kone will cause terror through the league, especially if you have that little spaniard running around the nmber 10 position. whether the little spaniard can hold his own in the english leagues is yet to be proved though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back