The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe RM is better than many on here think? He goes public in the beginning and lets it be know he wants a player for each unit…with his first week he has a young GK, a defender, midfielder and CF.

Desperate search not required…hes got everyone he needs. Cue bargaining power and ball being with Everton for a change instead of going to clubs at 10PM on deadline day after signing no one all summer and holding none of the cards.

Not blaming Moyes here btw, board needed a kick up the arse all these years. Think Moyes and BK just got a bit too comfortable tbh.

Maybe, just maybe, were seeing some benefit of a new manager who they have to be seen the backing, being given what he wants.

I think were all in agreement that we would love some type of marque signing. Maybe getting some business in early allows that to happen instead of deadline day fails were terribly used to?

my brain.

relegated club + player wanting to leave + 3 year deal + Everton = not close to £5m.

If we had paid that Mega gob whelan would be crowing

was the figure undisclosed? assume that usually means someone is embarrassed about the amount.

if these signings had taken place at xmas then I think there was massive chance of a top 4 spot. only reason why we shouldn't be competing for it if the window shut now is the levels to which other teams have strengthened, but lots of settling in to do elsewhere and a whole pre - season to blend one or two into the first team. we were 33 to 1 to get fourth when I looked. I reckon more like 5 or 6 to 1 as it stands

Anyone who claims we're going to spend £20 million on top of what we have already spent without sales needs their head examined.

If we sign up another player for £8 million (Moses, that French fella etc.) and hold on to our prized assets, I'd be absolutely delighted.

I'm very optimistic about this window and season, but there's not a chance that we have £20 million to spend. Id say 12-14 million at most.

I'm very happy with the signings so far, bring one more quality player in (such as Moses, Honda if we're lucky etc) and keep our prized assets and I will be very confident going into next season.

If we get Moses it'll be a loan I reckon. We really need a centre mid now though.

Fourth Official ‏@FourthOfficial_ 4m
Everton in advanced talks for Victor Moses, believe its a loan deal with a view to buy, could change however #efc #cfc

If we get Moses now, were winning the lot, not assed.

I know it would be handy to get another CM which i would hope to get but it looks to me like we could see Pienaar in Center midfield next season. Makes sense to me and i would like to see it tried, he hasn't got the pace for the wing but he does have the quick feet and the passing ability to play attacking mid etc. With maybe bringing in two wingers, this looks the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back