The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think McCarthy is destined for us. Just a matter of selling players to get him in I'd say.

Martinez is gushing about him. I cant see him letting him slip away to another club.

Sadly I agree.

If he does indeed sign him, it will tell me everything I need to know about him.

Lets just say I would need a new mask.

I don't see it with Gibson. His passes seem to be short and straight-forward rather than visionary slide-rule passes or first time switches of play. Felli can be reasonable on the ball but he's not really going to find a player in space with a piece of incisive play either.

Interviewer: Why do I love Gibbo?
Me: I love his crossfield balls, the way he releases the fullbacks and his quick, incisive passing.

Really surprises me when people say this about him. Did you catch the game yesterday? Good few example there including the goal. Plenty of examples of him doing so this past season. The EFCmatchcomps guy featured Gibbo as the star performer several times last season. You can catch these vids on youtube if you want.

For me Gibson's clear weaknesses are his tackling, shooting (very poor the last few years) and injury record. His passing is his bread and butter, both short and long. For a DM he is just about as progressive a passer around. Majority forward and above average pass length as compared to similar players.

Ross is catable at being creative but he reminds me so much on how I like to play my CAM's on FIFA always running towards defenses slipping in thru balls and pot shots from range

Interviewer: Why do I love Gibbo?
Me: I love his crossfield balls, the way he releases the fullbacks and his quick, incisive passing.

Really surprises me when people say this about him. Did you catch the game yesterday? Good few example there including the goal. Plenty of examples of him doing so this past season. The EFCmatchcomps guy featured Gibbo as the star performer several times last season. You can catch these vids on youtube if you want.

For me Gibson's clear weaknesses are his tackling, shooting (very poor the last few years) and injury record. His passing is his bread and butter, both short and long. For a DM he is just about as progressive a passer around. Majority forward and above average pass length as compared to similar players.

He isn't often as good as this but vs Spurs his passing was out of this world good.

Every time they played the high line he found space behind their full backs. Some of his balls were works of art.

I think McCarthy is destined for us. Just a matter of selling players to get him in I'd say.

Martinez is gushing about him. I cant see him letting him slip away to another club.

I fancy McCarthy.. just not for the outrageous price Whelan will let him go for.

Is Wigan as a club even worth 10 million now? Nobody turned up for Premier League games, how will they cope in the championship without the sky money..can see them dropping a few divisions now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back