The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our guy, for all his good, turns up about 10/15 times a season when he can be arsed. When he does hes unplayable. The only thing stopping fellaini being a £40M player is fellaini.
Fellaini might be the most telling indicator of RM's man management skills. If he gets him firing on all cylinders in most games it would be a really great sign.

Fellaini might be the most telling indicator of RM's man management skills. If he gets him firing on all cylinders in most games it would be a really great sign.

good sign ? we'll be top 4 no problem. Felli on 2 cylinders is better than anyone else in the current line-up, midfield or attack.

I do not think we will sign another striker in Matri. We have already signed Kone and knowing that we are skint, our remaining fund will be used to buy a CM. Then, I guess our business is done in this window.

I do not think we will sign another striker in Matri. We have already signed Kone and knowing that we are skint, our remaining fund will be used to buy a CM. Then, I guess our business is done in this window.

I'm glad we've got most of it done early to be honest.

Whether the players deliver is another matter entirely, but I'm glad we've got it mostly out of the way. It means the new manager can focus more in regards to his preperations

Whether the players deliver is another matter entirely, but I'm glad we've got it mostly out of the way. It means the new manager can focus more in regards to his preperations

I agree with that too. I think we will sign another CM then that's it. Only Heitinga will be sold.

I agree. Kone or jelavic will play as the loan striker. But what creativity and pace in miralles, piennar and delboy, playing just behind him. Goals will not be a problem this season, it is not conceding them at the other end that worries me.

I hope this isn't it for transfers tbh. 3 wigan rejects and a loan. Best be something else in the pipe line.

People seem to be making out that these three signings are really good signing lets be honest there average at best eh.

I agree. Kone or jelavic will play as the loan striker. But what creativity and pace in miralles, piennar and delboy, playing just behind him. Goals will not be a problem this season, it is not conceding them at the other end that worries me.
So you think just because Martinez has come in the likes of Baines / Jagielka / Distin / Coleman and Howard will automatically forget how to play football? We were one of the best sides in the league last season defensively; it'll be absolutely fine this year too, perhaps even better. Coleman is improving his defensive side all the time, Jagielka finally found the form he lost after his bad injury and Baines is just Baines. Howard now has a decent keeper keeping him on his toes and fingers crossed there will be no more of that "hit the strikers" ****e that Moyes had us playing whice ultimately led to teams gaining possession and launching attack after attack.

It's all good, defensively. I'm more worried about us scoring enough. :lol:

Seeing as we're playing to win the sixth-placed trophy I think we're bang on track.

So you think just because Martinez has come in the likes of Baines / Jagielka / Distin / Coleman and Howard will automatically forget how to play football? We were one of the best sides in the league last season defensively; it'll be absolutely fine this year too, perhaps even better. Coleman is improving his defensive side all the time, Jagielka finally found the form he lost after his bad injury and Baines is just Baines. Howard now has a decent keeper keeping him on his toes and fingers crossed there will be no more of that "hit the strikers" ****e that Moyes had us playing whice ultimately led to teams gaining possession and launching attack after attack.

It's all good, defensively. I'm more worried about us scoring enough. :lol:

They won't forget how to play moyes style of football no but they don't know how to play Martinez style of football do they. We will make stupid mistakes this season and it will cost us points of that I am very sure.

I don't really exspect much this season tbh we are in a transitional period and we won't be playing like we all want us to till December at the earliest and we will have blown Europe by then anyway bar a cup run like. Top half of the table ill be happy like.

The squad, whilst marginally stronger than last season, is still thin. At times last year we struggled when we were missing two or three first teamers through injury. At time Osman, Pienaar, Baines were playing when they were patently not fit.

Now it may be that Martinez has higher levels of trust in a fully fit but unproven youngster over a half fit, but experienced 'old head' than Moyes did. This immediately increases our strength in numbers.

That said, all we've done is replace three released players with four new faces. I'm not arguing that Robles, Kone, Alcaraz and Deulofeu are not improvements on Mucha, Neville and Hitzlsperger; they clearly are. But we were short of numbers last season, and we're short of numbers currently.

As Goat says. We need a central midfielder; we only have two to fit Martinez' ethos at present.
But, we have no money. So something has to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back