The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the same time, you're ****ging a player off after half an hour of a pre season game. He needs games to improve, we need to develop youth, and he has talent. It'll just take time.

I'm not ****ging him for half an hour of football tho mate, I'm looking at the ability or lack of over the past 12-18 months, whether that be for the u21's or his performances for the first team. Now don't get me wrong, he played 3 games in a row that showed the strengths he had ie from set pieces and corners (he would get goals) he looked quite good in the air and not bad in the tackle....his pace and turning ability is a masive problem for a CB in the PL. his posistioning and decision making are terrible although they could be worked on. Marking is terrible.

He has flaws that can't really be improved upon. Look my problem is, based on 3 performances people went made saying he should be in the team and completely ignored the flaws in his game, some of which nothing can really be done about. Claimed moyes didn't play him because of his age...No he didn't play him because he's not good enough!

It's essential for his own career sake he goes out on loan and finds his standing in the game. IMO (and you may think different) once he does this it will become apparent he's not a top 6 PL CB. There's no shame in that it's tough. He MAY be one who 7/8 yrs down the line adapts his game through several yrs of experience to overcome his flaws and play top end PL football...I seriously doubt it but who knows...

For now and the forseable he's not good enough for us and were no good for his career, whatever that may eventually be.

Didn't quite know where to post this so thought here might be good, but the club are really going ahead full steam with the new Youtube account.
Posting a lot of really great videos there.
Much much better than before.
Put a bunch up in the last hour too.

so you're saying they don't want him but they might want him ?!

I was just sayin, I heard something, that indicated that Moyes wasnt really keen on taking Felli to United.

I was listening to dat Damien fella, that used to be DoF for the sh1te, he was on talksport the other day, discussing the transfer process, he said that Managers give Chairmen a list of players they want, say they want a GK, he gives them a list of 5 players, in order that he would want.

Im saying that Felli is around number 10 on Moyes list.

I was just sayin, I heard something, that indicated that Moyes wasnt really keen on taking Felli to United.

I was listening to dat Damien fella, that used to be DoF for the sh1te, he was on talksport the other day, discussing the transfer process, he said that Managers give Chairmen a list of players they want, say they want a GK, he gives them a list of 5 players, in order that he would want.

Im saying that Felli is around number 10 on Moyes list.

Ah, I actually don't see anyone putting in a bid of around 25 million for Fellaini. He's not that good a forward player and hasn't played deeper for a long enough period to justify that price.

Sportsmole linked us to Alessandro Matri
"Juventus have demanded £12m from Everton for Italian international Alessandro Matri, according to a report.
The 26-year-old's future has been in doubt following the arrivals of Fernando Llorente and Carlos Tevez, but Mediaset report that the Bianconeri are unwilling to let him go cheaply.
Matri, who has express the willingness to stay at Juve, has scored 27 goals in 69 league appearances since his arrival from Cagliari two years ago.
Reports suggest that he would be looking for an annual salary of £2.6m to part company with the Old Lady."

Anyone know if there's any validity?

They're tall, angry, french speakers, who get sent off a lot

There's that at least (y)

I actually see some comparison between them. Does anyone else see it?

i assume they both have a [Poor language removed]. Thats about it for me. Dont get me wrong i like fellaini, hope he stays. Surely were better off keeping our proven better players...but lets not get carries away. Cantona done it every game every season and was pure genius.

Our guy, for all his good, turns up about 10/15 times a season when he can be arsed. When he does hes unplayable. The only thing stopping fellaini being a £40M player is fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back