The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't forget how to play moyes style of football no but they don't know how to play Martinez style of football do they. We will make stupid mistakes this season and it will cost us points of that I am very sure.

I don't really exspect much this season tbh we are in a transitional period and we won't be playing like we all want us to till December at the earliest and we will have blown Europe by then anyway bar a cup run like. Top half of the table ill be happy like.

i think the more evertonians that remember that the better, im excited and looking forward to the season, i can see us playing some amazing stuff at times and hammering a few teams...i can also see us getting hammered away once or twice though and the last thing we need is knee jerk reactions and RS esque Martinez out shouts.

We need to let Martinez enjoy the longevity that moyes did to get the best out of him otherwise we might have a situation like cropper at the RS.

So you think just because Martinez has come in the likes of Baines / Jagielka / Distin / Coleman and Howard will automatically forget how to play football? We were one of the best sides in the league last season defensively; it'll be absolutely fine this year too, perhaps even better. Coleman is improving his defensive side all the time, Jagielka finally found the form he lost after his bad injury and Baines is just Baines. Howard now has a decent keeper keeping him on his toes and fingers crossed there will be no more of that "hit the strikers" ****e that Moyes had us playing whice ultimately led to teams gaining possession and launching attack after attack.

It's all good, defensively. I'm more worried about us scoring enough. :lol:
You attack as a team and defend as a team. You quite rightly point out, we do have some very fine defenders. However under moyes' defensive approach we were difficult to beat, whereas under Martinez he wants the players to express themselves more. It is only natural that we are going to concede more goals next season, but I feel we will score more due to the system Martinez will use.

We still very much lack a CM with creativity.

With Gibson, Fellaini and Osman we don't really have anyone who will get on the ball and make things happen, driving forward into space and bringing the widemen into play. Our central midfield is reactive rather than proactive and pretty slow at that.

Pipe dream of the day - Fellaini is sold, funds Shaqiri transfer. Mirallas moves to a more central role with Deulofeu and Shaqiri on the wings. Attack would be so boss.

With Gibson, Fellaini and Osman we don't really have anyone who will get on the ball and make things happen, driving forward into space and bringing the widemen into play. Our central midfield is reactive rather than proactive and pretty slow at that.

I disagree. Gibson plays some real killer balls and Fellaini is great at holding up play to bring attackers on. Agree about Osman. Brings nothing to the party. Should get rid.

Didnt we put in a cursory word for Dempsey last year? If I recall correctly there was wanking and moaning over the thought of Donovan Dempsey and Howard on the same team.

Apparently Spurs have no need of him this year.

Pipe dream of the day - Fellaini is sold, funds Shaqiri transfer. Mirallas moves to a more central role with Deulofeu and Shaqiri on the wings. Attack would be so boss.

Was thinking about this yesterday. He'll want to be playing this season with it being world cup year but Bayern might not want to sell as he's a top talent and still young. What's that Roberto? Another top loan signing? Oh - go on then!!

I disagree. Gibson plays some real killer balls and Fellaini is great at holding up play to bring attackers on. Agree about Osman. Brings nothing to the party. Should get rid.

I don't see it with Gibson. His passes seem to be short and straight-forward rather than visionary slide-rule passes or first time switches of play. Felli can be reasonable on the ball but he's not really going to find a player in space with a piece of incisive play either.

If you are looking for a central midfielder who can defend and is primarily a passer of the ball then you should be looking at Lundstram.
Only time will tell us if he can play at the highest level.

Last season we finished sixth ,we haven't as yet lost anybody that will weaken that group whereas we have strengthened by three outfield players.
Let's give it a couple of weeks and lets's get the full squad together before we get concerned about how our team is shaping up.

Yesterday was a fitness exercise and nothing more.

I think McCarthy is destined for us. Just a matter of selling players to get him in I'd say.

Martinez is gushing about him. I cant see him letting him slip away to another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back