The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We sign mccarthy and martinez needs shooting other clubs buying top foreign talent even Norwich and swansea and RM would rather recreate a team that just got relegated

Interviewer: Why do I love Gibbo?
Me: I love his crossfield balls, the way he releases the fullbacks and his quick, incisive passing.

Really surprises me when people say this about him. Did you catch the game yesterday? Good few example there including the goal. Plenty of examples of him doing so this past season. The EFCmatchcomps guy featured Gibbo as the star performer several times last season. You can catch these vids on youtube if you want.

For me Gibson's clear weaknesses are his tackling, shooting (very poor the last few years) and injury record. His passing is his bread and butter, both short and long. For a DM he is just about as progressive a passer around. Majority forward and above average pass length as compared to similar players.

Maybe it's the sort of thing that you don't notice until it's highlighted but I think he's a pretty ordinary, steady player. Nah, just watched the matchcomps vid versus West Ham and I'm still not seeing it. I'd ideally like to see balls played inside the fullbacks, one-twos on the edge of the box and through balls for the striker but I didn't see anything that resulted in a chance on goal. We just retained possession and started again.

Sharpie had him down as MOM yesterday but it seemed to me like there was a black hole in our midfield. The ball seemed to go from our defence to the wide players, back to the defence and out to the opposite wing.

Maybe a combination of Gibson, Fellaini and Barkley in the middle would compliment each other well? We just seem to be lacking a spark in the middle.

Maybe it's the sort of thing that you don't notice until it's highlighted but I think he's a pretty ordinary, steady player. Nah, just watched the matchcomps vid versus West Ham and I'm still not seeing it. I'd ideally like to see balls played inside the fullbacks, one-twos on the edge of the box and through balls for the striker but I didn't see anything that resulted in a chance on goal. We just retained possession and started again.

Sharpie had him down as MOM yesterday but it seemed to me like there was a black hole in our midfield. The ball seemed to go from our defence to the wide players, back to the defence and out to the opposite wing.

Maybe a combination of Gibson, Fellaini and Barkley in the middle would compliment each other well? We just seem to be lacking a spark in the middle.

I think you're probably expecting too much from our DM. Balls inside the fullback have happened, usually played to Coleman. It's not really going to be a main feature of our DM though especially since we rely on the fullbacks for width. I think his chances created is also favourable when compared to other DMs.

Last season:
Gibson 27 chances created from 23 apps.
Parker 18 chances created from 21 apps.
Mikel 7 chances created from 22 apps.
Arteta 25 chances created from 34 apps.

One-twos on the edge of the box is something he only does now and again since he is DM. His shot yesterday (high and wide again) came from his pass into Vic who found Felli who layed it back to an oncoming Gibbo. He also tried to do this Vs. Chelsea last game of the season with Vic (on youtube).

He was probably MOM yesterday and probably had the most touches of the ball and all of this with not much support (sorry Osman looking at you). I think that Osman's time as a starter in a 2 man midfield is up. Should be Felli and Gibbo with Barkley/Pienaar/2nd striker/AM playing ahead of them unless new blood comes in.

I think you're probably expecting too much from our DM. Balls inside the fullback have happened, usually played to Coleman. It's not really going to be a main feature of our DM though especially since we rely on the fullbacks for width. I think his chances created is also favourable when compared to other DMs.

Last season:
Gibson 27 chances created from 23 apps.
Parker 18 chances created from 21 apps.
Mikel 7 chances created from 22 apps.
Arteta 25 chances created from 34 apps.

One-twos on the edge of the box is something he only does now and again since he is DM. His shot yesterday (high and wide again) came from his pass into Vic who found Felli who layed it back to an oncoming Gibbo. He also tried to do this Vs. Chelsea last game of the season with Vic (on youtube).

He was probably MOM yesterday and probably had the most touches of the ball and all of this with not much support (sorry Osman looking at you). I think that Osman's time as a starter in a 2 man midfield is up. Should be Felli and Gibbo with Barkley/Pienaar/2nd striker/AM playing ahead of them unless new blood comes in.

I think I started talking about our lack of creativity in the middle and we've moved on to Gibson. Those stats are pretty impressive and quite surprising.

Ossie does seem to get bypassed quite a lot. Ideally Rodwell would have developed in that role or possibly that's what Moyes had in mind with Fer. I'd like to see someone a bit more box to box and dynamic who could pick the ball up and get down to the other end of the pitch with it. There is room for Gibson to play alongside somebody like that but it's a bit awkward trying to fit Fellaini in too.

Going back to the Alderweireld links, the lad only has a year left on his deal and recently said if he doesn't get a suitable offer this summer, he will stick it out at Ajax and leave on a free next year!. And I cant see Ajax allowing that without making some money on him.

And it was only a couple of weeks a go did a move to Leverkusen break down for him and the agreed fee for that was only over £4m, so if he leaves he wont be going for a lot of money I doubt in his predicament like some think when suggesting we should offer £3m and Heitinga, £5m and Heitinga?!.

I know swaps between clubs rarely ever happen these days, if at all, but would it be such a bad idea of Kenwright & Elstone to put an offer to em of a swap between Alderweireld & Heitinga?!.

Alderweireld doesn't want to sign a new a new deal with Ajax and Heitinga doesn't want to with us as he feels he wont get to either go home back to Holland or experience a different league, so why don't we put a swap to Ajax, IF Martinez even wants him?!.

Surely worth a shot!.

would really like us to try and get zaha on loan in any deal involving an everton player going to utd

he is so speedy and creates so many chances, him, mirallas and deaulefeau in the team would make us prob the fastest side in the league on par with walcott , oxelaide chamberlain and podolski for arsenal.

Alderweireld could be interesting, but how reliable are Dutch sources?
If it was Sky or BBC I would be firmly convinced, but Dutch? Can't really comment on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back