The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://aggbot.com/Everton-News/article/20003240

But Moyes insists he is paying little attention to the on-going rumour-mill and claims he takes interest in any of his squad as a compliment.

He told Sky Sports News: "This is the moment of having speculation, having talks and clubs looking around. I see it as a real compliment - you don't get that if you don't perform well.

"We are Everton and we want to keep our best performers and we have got our own aims and that is very clear.

"We are not losing any sleep over that (speculation). We are really focused and trying to work as well as we can as a group, making sure that every day counts towards where we want to get.

"The attitude of the group is exceptional and that is what excites me, looking forward to tomorrow and making sure we grow day by day."
'sake Sky, get it right

(is right Roberto BTW, though)

Martinez Assessing His Options

efc__1373719747_martinez2.jpg

Roberto Martinez has not ruled out further summer arrivals at Everton but is vowing to take his time while he continues to assess the areas of his squad that need strengthening.

The new Blues boss bolstered his options last week with the signings of goalkeeper Joel Robles, defender Antolin Alcaraz and striker Arouna Kone, while forward Gerard Deulofeu arrived on a season-long loan from Barcelona.

Ivory Coast international Kone could be in line to make his first appearance when Everton travel to Accrington Stanley for a friendly on Wednesday but is one of four players who only reported back for pre-season training on Monday.

Deulofeu, Tim Howard, Ross Barkley, John Stones and Luke Garbutt all remain absent – and Martinez says he will use tonight's game, next weekend's trip to Blackburn Rovers and the Club’s three-match tour of the United States to evaluate his options.

“I think it is important to bring in players early,” the Spaniard told evertontv. “I do feel the squad has always been strong and we have got great experience, but we needed to have certain additions to have different options.

“The biggest aspect of our squad is the experience and the continuity that we have in this group and that has been very impressive to see how they adapted to the new work.

“But you can never stop searching, you can never stop looking to help the players that we’ve got at the football club.

“I can imagine the next four weeks are going to very much be about assessing the competition that we’ve got in the squad, assessing the youngsters and how quickly they can help and how quickly they can be prepared to have a role in the first team. Then we’ll always keep an eye to try to be as strong as we can be at the start of the season.”

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/07/17/martinez-assessing-his-options

Martinez Assessing His Options

efc__1373719747_martinez2.jpg

Roberto Martinez has not ruled out further summer arrivals at Everton but is vowing to take his time while he continues to assess the areas of his squad that need strengthening.

The new Blues boss bolstered his options last week with the signings of goalkeeper Joel Robles, defender Antolin Alcaraz and striker Arouna Kone, while forward Gerard Deulofeu arrived on a season-long loan from Barcelona.

Ivory Coast international Kone could be in line to make his first appearance when Everton travel to Accrington Stanley for a friendly on Wednesday but is one of four players who only reported back for pre-season training on Monday.

Deulofeu, Tim Howard, Ross Barkley, John Stones and Luke Garbutt all remain absent – and Martinez says he will use tonight's game, next weekend's trip to Blackburn Rovers and the Club’s three-match tour of the United States to evaluate his options.

“I think it is important to bring in players early,” the Spaniard told evertontv. “I do feel the squad has always been strong and we have got great experience, but we needed to have certain additions to have different options.

“The biggest aspect of our squad is the experience and the continuity that we have in this group and that has been very impressive to see how they adapted to the new work.

“But you can never stop searching, you can never stop looking to help the players that we’ve got at the football club.

“I can imagine the next four weeks are going to very much be about assessing the competition that we’ve got in the squad, assessing the youngsters and how quickly they can help and how quickly they can be prepared to have a role in the first team. Then we’ll always keep an eye to try to be as strong as we can be at the start of the season.”

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/07/17/martinez-assessing-his-options

There´ll be quite a bit of money left in the coffers but we won´t see any more signings until closer to the start of the season (imo).

Providing we retain Fellaini Martinez will probably go for one more signing that you´d expect to improve our first eleven.

If Fellaini does go soon as rumours have it I think we´ll see a flurry of activity. Would be entertaining but I still don´t want it to happen.

Come on RM it doesn't take 4 weeks to work out we are crying out for a creative CM and to an extent another top quality winger, either one of those should be a priority right now IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back