The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If one gets injured we can drop ossie or Barkley in there, maybe even pienaar at a push but if the two of them are out for any reason we'd be pretty knackered! We need a CM to act as cover for Fellaini and Gibson.

As for ACM/No.10, we have ossie and Barkley, even pienaar and Deulofeu who can play there. Got a feeling he may go with what we got there. Another winger would definately be needed tho!

Such a shame we ain't got the money of our rivals.....I honestly believe if we added...
Back up CM for felli/Gibson
Victor Moses or Donovan
Wayne Rooney

We'd be RIGHT up there. And I mean RIGHT up there!
Them fools accross the park blowing at minimum 50M every window is sooooo frustrating.

Osman is not a CM. He proved that last season. All his best work is done in the middle of the attacking third of the pitch. He is too slow and too lightweight to play as a CM in the Prem. The oft-quoted stat on here is that of all Prem CMs last season, only one was dribbled past more times than Osman.

For similar reasons, Pienaar is highly unlikely to be of any use as a CM. He lacks physical presence and his skill set, whilst very suitable to a quick-passing sort of CM, does not include ANY of the defensive qualities a CM needs.

Simply because it's now an area with very little depth, I would love to see Barkley, Junior or one of the other reserves step up and demonstrate we don't NEED to buy a rotation CM. I would imagine that given our budget constraints, Martinez is hoping the same.

If we had £50m to spend on transfer fees every year we would eclipse the likes of Spurs and Liverpool. How those teams can spend so much and achieve so little every year is completely beyond me.

50/50 I'd say mate.

But this lad has been mentioned in fair few places. I vaguely think I've seen him play and if he's who I think he is he's decent.

But he's not Leighton Baines is he? And that's what it comes down to.

Plus I don't think we have any money.

Yeah. I think even if we do have money it'd be spent on CM. Not a Left back.

Martinez has put a but of a downer on speculation with those comments don't expect anyone coming in for atleast a few weeks unless a player is sold

Martinez is doing exactly what we want him to do.
He has strengthened his squad and is now looking at the youngsters to see what they are capable before finalising his squad later in the month of August.

It is obvious Barkley is going to be closely looked at and it is up to himself to impress and the same applies to all the other young players as well.It already looks as if one of them(Conor Grant) has made an impression on RM.

If we go into the season without having improved the first XI in more than two positions I'll be very worried for the season.

Especially when teams like Southampton and Cardiff, etc, are splashing the cash around. I think we'll do good to finish top eight this season.

Martinez is doing exactly what we want him to do.
He has strengthened his squad and is now looking at the youngsters to see what they are capable before finalising his squad later in the month of August.

It is obvious Barkley is going to be closely looked at and it is up to himself to impress and the same applies to all the other young players as well.It already looks as if one of them(Conor Grant) has made an impression on RM.

I disagree our priorities should have been the following:

1. Improve the first team

2. Bulk up the squad

3. Bring through the likes of barkley

Its okay doing 2-3 but its no 1 that will define our success and we haven't improved that I would say kone at best is a slight improvement but when you look at who he is an improvement on it doesn't say much about him, deuelfou is raw and isnt good enough right now to start every game neither is barkley. We need atleast a CM coming in and at a push a pacy RM opposite mirallas

I disagree our priorities should have been the following:

1. Improve the first team

2. Bulk up the squad

3. Bring through the likes of barkley

Its okay doing 2-3 but its no 1 that will define our success and we haven't improved that I would say kone at best is a slight improvement but when you look at who he is an improvement on it doesn't say much about him, deuelfou is raw and isnt good enough right now to start every game neither is barkley. We need atleast a CM coming in and at a push a pacy RM opposite mirallas
100% this.

We have a good first XI, but as it stands nowhere near good enough for top five challenge.

Don't know if mentioned but Metro website are saying Out two best players are staying
Could be load of b******, worth a glance

would it be hypocritical to say that there must be something in it if you have been saying that its bull when they have been saying they are definitely going. don't care anyway... they are both staying, felt it seems likely since Martinez arrived.

Personally I'd be happy to go into the new season how we are now, think we have a good squad and with the additions made we have a little depth now, we didn't lose many games last season and if half our draws had gone a little different then we would have been top 4 or even putting up a title challenge, and now with competition for a starting place up front then more goals should come. I think if we are going to add any more depth it would need to be in center mid and center back, but this could be filled by Barkley and Duffy.

If we go into the season without having improved the first XI in more than two positions I'll be very worried for the season.

Especially when teams like Southampton and Cardiff, etc, are splashing the cash around. I think we'll do good to finish top eight this season.

Cardiff are struggling to sign people although McCay says he is not concerned. One unproven striker for 7.5m

I can see us keeping Baines and selling Fellaini, using half the cash received to bring in McCarthy...and maybe another loan signing to beef up the attack, and that'll be business done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back