The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A player like Mccarthy (god forbid if we sign him) would be much better off playing along side Gibson/fellaini then replacing fellaini. In an ideal world we would get him and not have to sell fellaini or baines would make our team very solid and the prospect of playing 4-3-3 is much less dangerous

We buy one more wigan player ill never give this club another penny would rather invest in 100 blue smokebombs and gas myself in Redcoats office in protest

Enough with the Wigan players. They were relegated for a reason. How will buying half their squad improve ours? If we sell Felli or Baines and buy another Wigan player at £13.5m with the funds I'll cry. Heck even if we don't sell Felli or Baines and we buy McCarthy for that I'll cry. Everyone seems excited about our new signings, but has the first 11 gotten any better? I don't really see it unless Kone offers more than expected. He's hardly proven having only been in the prem for a year. Could easily do a Jelavic. So far we've signed 3 Wigan players and a teenage loanee. I'm not impressed with the transfer business thus far. It's needed depth, but the 11 hasn't improved. We need a difference maker from somewhere that's not Wigan.

Enough with the Wigan players. They were relegated for a reason. How will buying half their squad improve ours? If we sell Felli or Baines and buy another Wigan player at £13.5m with the funds I'll cry. Heck even if we don't sell Felli or Baines and we buy McCarthy for that I'll cry. Everyone seems excited about our new signings, but has the first 11 gotten any better? I don't really see it unless Kone offers more than expected. He's hardly proven having only been in the prem for a year. Could easily do a Jelavic. So far we've signed 3 Wigan players and a teenage loanee. I'm not impressed with the transfer business thus far. It's needed depth, but the 11 hasn't improved. We need a difference maker from somewhere that's not Wigan.

Totally agree. I may be unrealistic, but I am wanting Everton to push for a top 4 spot this season. I know that bargains and good players can be had by cherrypicking from relegated teams, but signing 4 or 5 players? Surely if they were good enough to help us push for top 4, then Wigan wouldn't have been relegated.

Its a little worrying that we're being strongly linked with this Brazilian left back and McCarthy for similar figures we'd likely get for Baines.

Baines is our best player and easily the best left back in the league. We need to tie him down to a new contract

I believe Robinho has signed a new contract with Milan. Not sure where that leaves Honda in terms of him going there? Would love him here

Spot on there mate. I've no objection to Martinez beefing up our squad numbers with some trusted ex Wigan players of his. As it goes, I think alcaraz, kone and Robles are all good additions to the squad, whether there from a relegated Wigan squad or not.

As you say, we havnt made any real improvements to our first 11. I would be very annoyed if he went back to Wigan AGAIN for McCarthy. As it happens I don't think he's a bad player but 13M is very over-priced. Surely that would have to be a deal for if Fellaini is sold? Don't believe we have that sort of cash to buy someone who wouldn't get in the side in front of Fellaini and Gibson. If Fellaini is sold, surely there's better and probably cheaper (benega) out there in the "world wide market".

So far we've had Robles, alcaraz, MacArthur, McCarthy, mcmanaman, kone and the little guy who plays No.10 for them....all unlucky and blameless in the fact they got relagated. Well that's 7 of the 11....Them other 4 must of been terrible terrible players! Or if its not the players fault...who else does that leave??? Hmmm...

Please Roberto close the door on Wigan. Your setting yourself up for a fall la!!

Last edited:
Spot on there mate. I've no objection to Martinez beefing up our squad numbers with some trusted ex Wigan players of his. As it goes, I think alcaraz, kone and Robles are all good additions to the squad, whether there from a relegated Wigan squad or not.

As you say, we havnt made any real improvements to our first 11. I would be very annoyed if he went back to Wigan AGAIN for McCarthy. As it happens I don't think he's a bad player but 13M is very over-priced. Surely that would have to be a deal for if Fellaini is sold? Don't believe we have that sort of cash to buy someone who wouldn't get in the side in front of Fellaini and Gibson. If Fellaini is sold, surely there's better and probably cheaper (benega) out there in the "world wide market".

So far we've had Robles, alcaraz, MacArthur, McCarthy, mcmanaman, kone and the little guy who plays No.10 for them....all unlucky and blameless in the fact they got relagated. Well that's 7 of the 11....Them other 4 must of been terrible terrible players! Or if its not the players fault...who else does that leave??? Hmmm...

Please Roberto close the door on Wigan. Your setting yourself up for a fall la!!

That are 3 mate. A few here said we shall look at Espinoza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back