The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved everything martinez has done and is looking to do, i do rate McCarthy tbh but seriously, theres got to come a point where you ask how thef [Poor language removed] they got relegated?

If we genuinely could fit McCarthy (poss even Mcnannman) in our starting 11 then how did they go down?

For me, weve added their players for depth and competition. But you cannot fit 4/5 wigan players in our starting 11.

We need to give some sort of ultimatum on our players i think. If you want fellaini - his deal expires on 18th August - dont even bother bidding for him after that hes not for sale etc. We cannot lose Fellani and Baines on Sept 2nd and be ****ed when the window shuts on Sept 3rd.

ATM im just happy the man united/rooney circus is distracting the medias attention away from fellaini and baines somewhat.

Lets be honest, the 2 Wigan players we have signed are squad players, not nailed on starters.

Same with Joel really.

Dont see the big deal.

McCarthy is going to be a top player and if we don't get him it will be because he has gone to one of the bigger/richer clubs.

Why do people believe that a team like Wigan can't have excellent players.They didn't have a good squad,but within that poor squad they had excellent individuals who all but succeeded in keeping the team up.

McCarthy is going to be a top player and if we don't get him it will be because he has gone to one of the bigger/richer clubs.

Why do people believe that a team like Wigan can't have excellent players.They didn't have a good squad,but within that poor squad they had excellent individuals who all but succeeded in keeping the team up.

People are being way too harsh on McCarthy, interesting stats here: http://www.eplindex.com/epl-news/35306/young-michael-carrick-market-stats-comparison.html

Oh no, Spurs are going to pay 20 million for him. Yeah right.

Then when he signs we will have people saying he chose Everton over Spurs, even though they never made a bid.

Agreed, linking him to spurs help the medicine go down with the fans !

Gregg has taken his L4 medicine it seems...he will publish any old rubbish fed to him. The days of journo,s checking their facts with independent objective sources are long gone.

I saw Preno pushing his article with Jags today sitting in the everton lounge and pushing the sales button for the club. The echo it seems will do anything now to get back in with the club.

Why is he? Serious question.

Especially with that ridiculous quoted fee. We can possibly sign both Fer and Benega for £13.5m.

Banega. Perfect example, especially if the reports are to be believed that he is seriously considering Southampton's £13m bid.
I'd take a 24yr Banega over 22yr McCarthy for the same price every time.

No use arguing with some of them mate. The Wigan players are all useless apparently...even though they got sold on in the past to bigger clubs.

If we shift Fellaini, we have this McCarthy kid on a plate here because of his connections with Martinez. It's an opportunity to bring in someone with a lot of talent and a big future in the game and should be seen as such.

They are not. No club around us sign their players for strengthening the squad.

Banega. Perfect example, especially if the reports are to be believed that he is seriously considering Southampton's £13m bid.

Why ?? Just because he is foreign ??!!

If he is soooo much better than mcCarthy, why are no huge clubs trying to sign him ??!

And why are 2 very large clubs looking at McCarthy ??

Christ, Norwich, Soton and even Sunderland are signing some good players.

Why ?? Just because he is foreign ??!!

If he is soooo much better than mcCarthy, why are no huge clubs trying to sign him ??!

And why are 2 very large clubs looking at McCarthy ??

Valencia is a big club. And none of the club you have mentioned actually made a formal bid. Papertalks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back