The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about ex Wigan. I think the point is that, is McCarthy the best player we can get? Or is he a player you bring in because he is very good, is what you know and has connections?

At the presser to introduce him as manager, when questioned about potential transfer targets, it was Martinez who said "It would be a big mistake for a club of Everton's size just to look back to the managers previous team. World football is a big big market"

We have finite resources so who Martinez knows and gets a jump on the rest of the competition to land for us does come into play.

McCarthy knows what Martinez expects and he's been the fulcrum of his team's play at another club. For a sensible price around the £10M mark I can easily see why Martinez would want that option rather than take a chance elsewhere.

Banega is a great shout, just read that he injured himself by being run over by his own car, left the handbrake on and broke his leg, abit of Richard wright in him. James is younger tho and years of experience and already lives in the North west, players like Banega is a massive gamble, will he be suited to this league? will he settle in this country? how long will he take to adapt to the league?

He did and came back last yr and dominated. Same risks that you could apply to any player. Fellaini? Fer? Vadis? Never ends..

It's not about ex Wigan. I think the point is that, is McCarthy the best player we can get? Or is he a player you bring in because he is very good, is what you know and has connections?

At the presser to introduce him as manager, when questioned about potential transfer targets, it was Martinez who said "It would be a big mistake for a club of Everton's size just to look back to the managers previous team. World football is a big big market"

I have said before his media work is very poor based on the stuff he did at wigan. The club need to sharpen him up when the real stuff gets going.

He did and came back last yr and dominated. Same risks that you could apply to any player. Fellaini? Fer? Vadis? Never ends..
Yes but James is not a risk, that how I look at it but anyway I don't like the price myself, British prices so Wigan are pricing him out of a move anyway, looks like Martinez will have to find a cheaper gem.

I have said before his media work is very poor based on the stuff he did at wigan. The club need to sharpen him up when the real stuff gets going.

He comes across like the manager version of Kenwright. He just talks too much sometimes. Talk is cheap. Hopefully, our team will not doing any worse than last season.

Yes but James is not a risk, that how I look at it but anyway I don't like the price myself, British prices so Wigan are pricing him out of a move anyway, looks like Martinez will have to find a cheaper gem.

I think Martinez will get him, the biggest headache for the club will be selling it the fans...Greg okeefe has started the ball rolling today by linking him to spurs on the back of nothing. Expect more inflated hype to come.

We have finite resources so who Martinez knows and gets a jump on the rest of the competition to land for us does come into play.

McCarthy knows what Martinez expects and he's been the fulcrum of his team's play at another club. For a sensible price around the £10M mark I can easily see why Martinez would want that option rather than take a chance elsewhere.

Based on that argument we have a very limited group of players to which to target.

I'm sure if we sell fellaini late on in the window, Whelan will up his asking price for McCarthy even more than ridiculous fee he wants now!

If playing 'better football' results in us having a decrease of 9 points in our final season total, then it isn't better football in my eyes.

Having said that, I like the idea of having an abundance of pace and creativity. So if we sold Fellaini (who isn't remotely creative or pacey) and got a creative midfielder and someone like Moses who is going to be surplus at Chelsea, then I'd be quite happy.

But I don't like how the excuses for a decrease in points total are already being made, and that one of the excuses is that the decrease will be a result of playing 'better football'.

If playing 'better football' results in us having a decrease of 9 points in our final season total, then it isn't better football in my eyes.

Having said that, I like the idea of having an abundance of pace and creativity. So if we sold Fellaini (who isn't remotely creative or pacey) and got a creative midfielder and someone like Moses who is going to be surplus at Chelsea, then I'd be quite happy.

But I don't like how the excuses for a decrease in points total are already being made, and that one of the excuses is that the decrease will be a result of playing 'better football'.

Exactly. Finishing as high as possible in the table is the goal.

Whilst remain sensible, the greater the risk, the greater the reward they say.

Banagea (just as an example) is not an unknown. He is an international who starts for Argentina.
Scouts the world over would have done their due diligence.

I'm just desperate for players who can take us forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back