The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Martinez will get him, the biggest headache for the club will be selling it the fans...Greg okeefe has started the ball rolling today by linking him to spurs on the back of nothing. Expect more inflated hype to come.
Spurs have been linked with him for ages now.

McCarthy is a decent all round midfielder. Doesnt do anything exceptionally well though. He's just neat and tidy. Really not worth the hype or the money at all.

Spurs have not even made a bid.

They have signed that Brazilian international midfielder for £17m.

Paulinho, Sandro, Parker and Dembele as midfield options with Dempsey and Sigurdsson options for an attacking midfield position. Thats not even including Livermore and Huddlestone. Spurs wont be interested in McCarthy.

Paulinho, Sandro, Parker and Dembele as midfield options with Dempsey and Sigurdsson options for an attacking midfield position. Thats not even including Livermore and Huddlestone. Spurs wont be interested in McCarthy.

Not even including Holtby, or even Bale playing attacking mid as he did at times last season.

Why do they buy so many midfielders?

Ok, Im biased as I'm McCarthy's biggest fan outside of Wigan. IMO he has it all, physique, good passing range, equal at home as DM or box-to-box, good at getting the ball away from the opposition without committing a foul, great engine.

I would swap him for Fellaini in a heart-beat. Fella is Unique no doubt about it, but not the box-to-box midfielder I want him to be. For £24 m. we could get McCarthy and still have over £10 m. left to put towards another forward like Moses.

Don't give me the crap about signing to many Wigan players, if in a squad of 35 players 5 of them have ties to Wigan so what, if you're good enough then I don't care where we got you from. We all know that Kone is better than what we had up front, Alcaraz a different type of passing defender to all other cfs at the club. Joel could be De Gea Mark II and will provide TH with competition for the first time since he joined from Man Utd.

Most fans agree that Baines is our best player and remember where he came from. Signing the good players from the relegated clubs is a solid strategy that has worked before for us.

Also those saying that you should not sell your best players are living in a dream world, it's only the PSGs, Real Madrids, Barcelona and Bayern Munich of this world that don't sell their best players. Every club with only a handful of exceptions is a feeder club to another higher on the food chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back