The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why ?? Just because he is foreign ??!!

If he is soooo much better than mcCarthy, why are no huge clubs trying to sign him ??!

And why are 2 very large clubs looking at McCarthy ??

Have you ever watched a Valencia match or seen Banega play? He's been linked to both Inter and Barca in the past.
I can only assume you haven't.

No use arguing with some of them mate. The Wigan players are all useless apparently...even though they got sold on in the past to bigger clubs.

If we shift Fellaini, we have this McCarthy kid on a plate here because of his connections with Martinez. It's an opportunity to bring in someone with a lot of talent and a big future in the game and should be seen as such.

Dave, if he wants to buy him then he can..he can buy all the Wigan players for all I care.

May 2014, we will have a look see.

Why ?? Just because he is foreign ??!!

If he is soooo much better than mcCarthy, why are no huge clubs trying to sign him ??!

And why are 2 very large clubs looking at McCarthy ??

Valencia are a huge club, they have played in Europe for 13 of the last 14 seasons. Won the leagueand uefa cup in the last decade

Christ, Norwich, Soton and even Sunderland are signing some good players.
Who cares about those signings, you buy players who will fit in the team, we need a young gk, we got one on the cheap, we needed cover at the back cos Johnny is ****e, we got one for free, we got an exciting kid on loan who now offers different options up front and we've brought another striker who scored more then both our strikers together for cheap cos of a clause. RM had done well so far in my eyes.

Who cares about those signings, you buy players who will fit in the team, we need a young gk, we got one on the cheap, we needed cover at the back cos Johnny is ****e, we got one for free, we got an exciting kid on loan who now offers different options up front and we've brought another striker who scored more then both our strikers together for cheap cos of a clause. RM had done well so far in my eyes.

You are happy with the signings, I am not that impressed so we better wait and see how our beloved club do/where we finish in the league in May 2014. I really want to keep all our players bar Heitinga cos I don't want him to walk for free next summer.

IF we sign McCarthy, I think some people on here will soon be eating a huge slice of humble pie.

I'll look forward to those people holding their hands up and admitting they were badly wrong.

No use arguing with some of them mate. The Wigan players are all useless apparently...even though they got sold on in the past to bigger clubs.

If we shift Fellaini, we have this McCarthy kid on a plate here because of his connections with Martinez. It's an opportunity to bring in someone with a lot of talent and a big future in the game and should be seen as such.

It's not about ex Wigan. I think the point is that, is McCarthy the best player we can get? Or is he a player you bring in because he is very good, is what you know and has connections?

At the presser to introduce him as manager, when questioned about potential transfer targets, it was Martinez who said "It would be a big mistake for a club of Everton's size just to look back to the managers previous team. World football is a big big market"

Dave, if he wants to buy him then he can..he can buy all the Wigan players for all I care.

May 2014, we will have a look see.

Given we're "skint again" despite all the extra revenue pouring into the hands of the gangsters running the club, I dont blame Martinez one bit for going with tried and trusted players on the cheap from his old club.

I'll judge him in May based on what type of football we play and whether we get top half of the table juggling the usual inadequate resources. Get them playing on the deck and mid-table is an improvement in qualitative terms. That'll be my measuring stick.

Banega is a great shout, just read that he injured himself by being run over by his own car, left the handbrake on and broke his leg, abit of Richard wright in him. James is younger tho and years of experience and already lives in the North west, players like Banega is a massive gamble, will he be suited to this league? will he settle in this country? how long will he take to adapt to the league?

IF we sign McCarthy, I think some people on here will soon be eating a huge slice of humble pie.

I'll look forward to those people holding their hands up and admitting they were badly wrong.

I've already said he'd get my full support and IF he joins us I really hope he proves me badly wrong.

£13.5m will take a lot of work to convince people that he actually worths that much. Very very overpriced in my opinion and I will be very disappointing if we lose Fellaini and using the money to buy McCarthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back