The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I'm in a minority here, but I think James McCarthy is genuine quality.

The price also seems about right to me for the British market which we all know is an inflated market.

I do also agree that there is better value shopping abroad.

Think I'm in a minority here, but I think James McCarthy is genuine quality.

The price also seems about right to me for the British market which we all know is an inflated market.

I do also agree that there is better value shopping abroad.

I'd be happy if we bought him without losing Fellaini or Baines. I think the idea that he's a replacement for Fellaini is irritating - I don't see how he could be anything other than a step backwards.

If he's valued at anything about £10-12 million I'm not convinced that we couldn't get a better player from outside England.

You could see that James is quality anyway without the stats, he is a midfielder with huge potential, but over-priced, and is expensive to be cover for Fellaini and Gibson.

Seems like Martinez agrees with most people here... McCarthy is decent, could be better, but not worth risking at the price. Don't know why this then leads to criticism about buying another Wigan player. Of the three teams that dropped down Wigan are the ones that looked like they had class but not enough depth, its fairly normal to see the pick of the relegated teams bought, and whether he was manager there or not Wigan seemed a better team to look at than QPR or Reading

I believe Robinho has signed a new contract with Milan. Not sure where that leaves Honda in terms of him going there? Would love him here

Doesn't change anything - Honda has already agreed a contract with Milan for January, and he'll probably join before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back