The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we replaced Fellaini with James McCarthy I would be very disheartened.

Fellaini is immense, any team would miss him. But he was always earmarked as Everton's transfer budget for this summer. He'll go, and the sooner the better in that respect.

What would a Gibson/McCarthy m/f partnership be like is the question we should ask ourselves.

Fellaini is immense, any team would miss him. But he was always earmarked as Everton's transfer budget for this summer. He'll go, and the sooner the better in that respect.

What would a Gibson/McCarthy m/f partnership be like is the question we should ask ourselves.

I agree. I'm resigned to him leaving. Just not sold on McCarthy being his replacement. With respect to him and Gibson, both offer very little goal threat, Gibson especially now he's playing a deeper role. Think our midfield is crying out for a playmaker.

I agree. I'm resigned to him leaving. Just not sold on McCarthy being his replacement. With respect to him and Gibson, both offer very little goal threat, Gibson especially now he's playing a deeper role. Think our midfield is crying out for a playmaker.

Would McCarthy really be replacing him though?, given that he's mostly played behind the striker or deployed tactically as a block in front of our defense. We could probably do with bringing in 2 midfield players (with the money) and there is nothing to suggest that either would be similar to Fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back