The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I'm resigned to him leaving. Just not sold on McCarthy being his replacement. With respect to him and Gibson, both offer very little goal threat, Gibson especially now he's playing a deeper role. Think our midfield is crying out for a playmaker.

It certainly is.. we have good options with getting the ball in from the wings, but balls trough the middle with clever troughpasses is something we certainly need improved. Riquelme anyone?

What would a Gibson/McCarthy m/f partnership be like is the question we should ask ourselves.

Not good is the answer.

For the record, I can see Martinez flogging half the squad and replacing them with cheaper youngsters and freebies such as Malanda before he lets Felli go.

Despite all the speculation nobody actually knows for sure what the release clause is. As I have stated numerous times the amount originally mentioned when he signed the contract was 26.5m

Now I could be wrong but I seriously doubt anyone is going to pay that for him. Likely suitors?

But will Fellaini go?

I mean who actually wants him? And on the side, who actually needs him?

He's a difficult sell in a way. Most other clubs know him as a support forward (and he's not 24m worth in that role), some will have seen him play DM and think he could be worth that kind of money but have we seen enough to know? For me, I think he's got the potential to be the complete midfield player, and not just used tactically (as Moyes did). I'd love for him to sign an extension and stay for a year and prove his true value here. We'd get the use of a quality player for a year and a lot more in transfer fee after that

I'm kinda resigned to him leaving though

Rodwell back on loan anyone ?

No. No, and No.

Not even arsed if Fellaini leaves. Dont want him playing upfront as we'll just get back into hoofing it forward, and dont tihnk he's that strong defensively other than height challenging - bringing the ball down. His marking and tracking is poor.

Plus his attitude was shocking last season.

I agree. I'm resigned to him leaving. Just not sold on McCarthy being his replacement. With respect to him and Gibson, both offer very little goal threat, Gibson especially now he's playing a deeper role. Think our midfield is crying out for a playmaker.

We have possibilities there. Pienaar, Barkley, Deulofeu.

No. No, and No.

Not even arsed if Fellaini leaves. Dont want him playing upfront as we'll just get back into hoofing it forward, and dont tihnk he's that strong defensively other than height challenging - bringing the ball down. His marking and tracking is poor.

Is this the same Fellaini who last year was unplayable at times and won player of the month? This despite playing out of position?

When playing in his natural role at DM in 2011-12 he;

– won more tackles, ground duels, aerial duels and made more passes than anyone else at the club.
– was also second in the league with 84 tackles, and won the ball 190 times in midfield, by far the most in the top flight.

http://www.eplindex.com/14562/everton-201112-good-bad-opta-stats-analysis.html/2

Nuff said.

No. No, and No.

Why was it?

People do tend to forget how much of an utter beast Felli was when played in CM rather than AM.

He dominated games.

They look for negatives mate because they dislike his attitude. Our 2nd best player easy in my opinion, we will struggle if he goes.

He still has a month of his release fee.

I think Clubs are sniffing around other "cheaper" targets, maybe even waiting till the clause has gone so they can lowball the sh1t out of us.

There will be interest, just at the moment, Clubs know how much we would accept, so its not a matter of importance just yet.

He still has a month of his release fee.

I think Clubs are sniffing around other "cheaper" targets, maybe even waiting till the clause has gone so they can lowball the sh1t out of us.

This is my worry.

Especially is his dad is already onto say 'Chelsea', and they can offer feck all for him.

They look for negatives mate because they dislike his attitude. Our 2nd best player easy in my opinion, we will struggle if he goes.

Can't argue with that, Felli's a monster of a player and even when playing badly is generally one of our best players. The shoulder shrugs and elbows do him no favours though, mind you neither to the refs who let players hang off his neck without repercussions.

If Fellaini leaves, the wheels falls off. Massive player.

The fact Martinez made him captain in the 2nd half last week tells you just how desperate we are to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back