Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On financing a move, Kreuzer (Hamburg Sporting Director) added: "Day in, day out, I talk to all the agents, but nothing has come up yet. If we manage that [to sell two or three players] we could work out if a loan or a payment in instalments would be possible."

If they'd need to sell 3 players to afford a LOAN I don't see it happening. We either persevere with him and hope he finds form again or we get our money back on him. West Ham were very interested when he left Rangers and have said that they're in the market for another striker.

Frasier Forster
Wanyama
John Daly
Leigh Griffiths
Derick Templeton

to name a few

I'll maybe give you Forster as a half decent keeper, I don't get the big deal with Wanyama and think he's overrated and over priced. As for the other 3, if I'm honest I've never heard of them but I'd put money on them doing nothing significant at any great level. Happy to be proved wrong.

On financing a move, Kreuzer (Hamburg Sporting Director) added: "Day in, day out, I talk to all the agents, but nothing has come up yet. If we manage that [to sell two or three players] we could work out if a loan or a payment in instalments would be possible."

If they'd need to sell 3 players to afford a LOAN I don't see it happening. We either persevere with him and hope he finds form again or we get our money back on him. West Ham were very interested when he left Rangers and have said that they're in the market for another striker.

Crikey, remind you of someone.

I'll maybe give you Forster as a half decent keeper, I don't get the big deal with Wanyama and think he's overrated and over priced. As for the other 3, if I'm honest I've never heard of them but I'd put money on them doing nothing significant at any great level. Happy to be proved wrong.

Leigh Griffiths is a wolves player who can't even get into that team, John Daly is currently in the scottish third flight after being poached from hartlepool and derek templeton doesn't even turn up in a google search.

Frasier Forster
Wanyama
John Daly
Leigh Griffiths
Derick Templeton

to name a few

Come on mate, I know we're a bit short, but you're taking the piss there like

JohnDaly_scratched.jpg

That's all well and good trying to make stats fit into your argument, but if we're dealing with the here & now Kone scored 5 more than him last season and didn't look like absolute horse-sh*t.

If we're going to point to stats from 6 seasons ago we might as well get Yakubu back and see if he can be bothered this time.

There is absolutely no solid reason to presume that it is MORE likely that Kone will score fifteen goals this coming season than Jelavic will. That's what it boils down to. Kone had the better season in 12/13, but what if he nosedives like Jelavic did in his second season?

All we have to go on is their respective career stats, and Jelavic beats Kone in that regard. If the ONLY stats you want to look at are the ones that suit YOUR argument that's fine, enjoy yourself. Nothing alters the fact that since 07/08, Kone's only had one good season and Jelavic has only had one bad one.

There is absolutely no solid reason to presume that it is MORE likely that Kone will score fifteen goals this coming season than Jelavic will. That's what it boils down to. Kone had the better season in 12/13, but what if he nosedives like Jelavic did in his second season?

All we have to go on is their respective career stats, and Jelavic beats Kone in that regard. If the ONLY stats you want to look at are the ones that suit YOUR argument that's fine, enjoy yourself. Nothing alters the fact that since 07/08, Kone's only had one good season and Jelavic has only had one bad one.

You've got to compare the standard of competition, though.

Playing for rangers in the spl isn't the same as playing for seville in la liga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back