Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kone started 32 PL games last season. I cant see rotation with Jelavic if that's any guide.

Wigan had no viable alternative though, so Kone would start regardless of form. He got 10 or 12 league goals last year.... RM must at least be CONSIDERING rotation, on the basis of "the in-form player will start" if nothing else.

How many times did we all wish that we had the depth to start an alternative player when Jelavic or Anichebe were misfiring? Now we have that depth, so why remove it again? In fact, I'd like to see rotation applied in other positions as well, with the man in form always getting the start: Osman and Pienaar would both have seen time on the bench last year if such a policy had existed under DM.

Last edited:

I think that RM may be looking at Mirallas as a main striker at times.We saw that in Greece he scored goals for fun and we already have Pienaar and Delafeu who play out wide and if the rumours are true RM also wants to bring in another wide man like Ince/Moses or even Sinclair has been suggested. I think that if possible RM would love to bring Moses to Goodison and the sale of Jelavic might allow that leaving us with Kone/Mirallas and Anichebe as our central strikers,with possibly Chris Long getting a look-in.We would then have Delofeu/Pienaar/Moses/Mirallas as wide players.

More pace at Everton than I have seen in a dozen years.

A dozen years?? Our 2001 team weren't exactly quick.

Wigan had no viable alternative though, so Kone would start regardless of form. He got 10 or 12 league goals last year.... RM must at least be CONSIDERING rotation, on the basis of "the in-form player will start" if nothing else.

How many times did we all wish that we had the depth to start an alternative player when Jelavic or Anichebe were misfiring? Now we have that depth, so why remove it again?
We can still have depth if Jelavic goes by getting his replacement.

Also I'd suggest it's the player and his agent pushing for this because they're not happy with the demotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back