Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matri won't happen. He's a very good striker, but he's turning 29 next month and would cost at least £10m. It's more than enough to bring in one ageing striker in Kone imo. In addition to that, he's got 4 years left of his contract and he's on big wages. I doubt Juve would want to loan him out, and even if they do, wages would still be a problem...

To be honest, I would be happy with selling Jelavic to the Hamburgers for £6-7m and bring in Hosiner for £4m. It would add to our budget, and we would have a better chance of signing a class CM (and CB if Heitinga is sold). Hosiner is also 4 years younger than Jelavic, and his goal-scoring record in Austria is magnificent. Unproven in the Prem though, but so was Benteke, Michu, Mirallas etc...

As much as my heart is telling me we have a chance at getting Matri, my head is telling me we have no chance with this deal. So I guess we have no chance then.

The joys of being an Evertonion eh?! Aha.

I'm so out of touch, I've never heard of him, but sounds mighty unlikely if all the above is true

What a load of whingers populate this forum. RM's 'new' Everton XI has not kicked a competition ball yet and yet he receives so much flak. My intuition tells me there will be some fair dollops of humble pie handed out to some posters here before season end.

Ok...to be specific, I mean't handed out to the naysays

Matri won't happen. He's a very good striker, but he's turning 29 next month and would cost at least £10m. It's more than enough to bring in one ageing striker in Kone imo. In addition to that, he's got 4 years left of his contract and he's on big wages. I doubt Juve would want to loan him out, and even if they do, wages would still be a problem...

To be honest, I would be happy with selling Jelavic to the Hamburgers for £6-7m and bring in Hosiner for £4m. It would add to our budget, and we would have a better chance of signing a class CM (and CB if Heitinga is sold). Hosiner is also 4 years younger than Jelavic, and his goal-scoring record in Austria is magnificent. Unproven in the Prem though, but so was Benteke, Michu, Mirallas etc...

Don't get why everyone is clamouring for a CM atm. We have Gibson and Fellaini. Surely all we need is back up in this position now?

Don't get why everyone is clamouring for a CM atm. We have Gibson and Fellaini. Surely all we need is back up in this position now?

Gibson has had issues with injuries in the past, lets say we sell Felli, surely you can recall the horror show that was the Osman and Neville CM partnership.

Basically, we lack somebody.

We have played with 3 central players one, two depe and one further up, none of which have massive creativity against the oppositions defence.

Gibson has had issues with injuries in the past, lets say we sell Felli, surely you can recall the horror show that was the Osman and Neville CM partnership.

Perhaps Martinez feels Barkley could play in that position in case he's needed.

I'm aware Barkley is better positioned higher up, but he's not going to get out muscled that easy if placed in the middle of the park.

Assuming we sell Felli, then yes, we need to look for a class replacement in there. No sign of that happening as of yet though as far as I know. For the time being, I reckon right wing should be the priority. I wouldn't want to keep Mirallas there as it's not his best position and Deulofeu probably won't be ready to start for some time.

I know you hate Moses, so perhaps someone proven quality for the premier league with a wealth of experience at the top levels of the game, say, a Nani.

Perhaps Martinez feels Barkley could play in that position in case he's needed.

I'm aware Barkley is better positioned higher up, but he's not going to get out muscled that easy if placed in the middle of the park.

I have doubts about whether Barkley can play CM, at the moment, based on the limited time ive watched him at Sheff Wed and at Everton, I think, from what ive seen. But hes older and wiser now, so its possible.

Assuming we sell Felli, then yes, we need to look for a class replacement in there. No sign of that happening as of yet though as far as I know. For the time being, I reckon right wing should be the priority. I wouldn't want to keep Mirallas there as it's not his best position and Deulofeu probably won't be ready to start for some time.

I know you hate Moses, so perhaps someone proven quality for the premier league with a wealth of experience at the top levels of the game, say, a Nani.

Moses and Nani, is this some sort of SICK joke???

We have a number of players who "could" play RW, Barkley, Mirallas, Naismith(COUGH), Victor, Kone, Pienaar, BarcaKid, Coleman off the top of my head, most wouldnt be ideal I know, but I honestly dont feel its a postion of worry.

Lets not talk about if Felli goes, cos if he did he would clearly need replacing, at the moment I think we have Felli, Gibson and Osman, Gibson, as ive said, has struggled with Injuries a little and I wouldnt like to say he would play 38+ games.

Which IMO would leave us a little short.

Right now a winger is not a priority with Mirallas, Pienaar, Deulofue and a number of other players capable of doing a job there, but if we could sign another winger with pace it would be great. You can never have to many good attackers.

Now, a CM to backup Fellaini and Gibson is really a priority. We only have 3 CMs including Osman. There is no way we can go an entire season with only 3 CMs and expect to finish in European places or win a Cup. Abd Im not countinf Barkley becausr at this point in time he is more of a AM.

Strikers, I would be happy with what weve got. Would like to see how they all fit into Roberto's style first. Is one of them doesnt workout the sell him in January and bring someone else in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back