Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only have TWO centre mids, fellaini and gibson....no other natural centre mids unless were giving debuts to kids.

We dont need backup either, we need a top player there as gibson is injury prone.

Centre mid is needed imo still think felli will go but not till late in transfer window...rather us buy now though while there's still choice available. I see that the ginger one is coming in for criticism for his training techniques in the mail...

I think we are a top class centre mid and centre forward away from doing anything next season (with current squad).

Gibson is great but injury prone. I'd like to see him, fellaini and another player at their level competing for a start.

I'm just excited to play with us in FIFA and be "evenly" matched against spuds and then kick their asses 7-6 and yell "YOU JUST GOT TIKI-TAKA'D B1TCH!" over my really shi++y mic.

Edit: 7th goal will be scored by recent signee Tom Carrol in the 89th minute.

Last edited:

We need a creative midfielder. Someone like Arteta before he did his ACL. Boy he was a joy to watch.

Not sure we do tbh, or should I say don't think we'll go for one. For the attacking creative midfield role we have Osman and Barkley, pienaar also very capable. Then there's also the options of playing an attaking forward there like mirallas or Deulofeu. Apart from maybe a Moses or simlar coming in to add more options, think this posistion could be left well alone.

We do need a CM to challange/rotate with Fellaini and Gibson. The latter as we know will not play a full season due to niggles and injuries, Fellaini bound to miss at least 4/5 due to suspension before any injuries are taken into account. Currently there's only Osman who could play there but it's not really his strongest role. Shame Honda is unlikely, being able to play all 3 midfield posistions he would be a perfect addition.

I'm all for bringing in more quality players but I think Barkley is well suited to a deep CM role. He's the only player we have that can match Gibson's vision and range of passing. He might not be first choice there but I don't want to see him move too far down the pecking order.

I'm all for bringing in more quality players but I think Barkley is well suited to a deep CM role. He's the only player we have that can match Gibson's vision and range of passing. He might not be first choice there but I don't want to see him move too far down the pecking order.

Agree with this. I would like to see Barkley get some time at CM.

As for positions that need strengthening, little has changed since the window opened:

We still need CM cover - Osman is poor there, Felli will get suspended every so often (or sold), Gibbo has durability issues. Either Barkley starts playing there or we sign someone like Diame.

We still need RW/RM cover - Mirallas is the best we have there by a country mile, but he is better on the left or through the middle, and Deulofeu is his only real cover. Naismith can't play there, as he proved repeatedly last season; nor can Barkley, nor can Osman. I doubt Pienaar could do that well on the right, and Anichebe is not much use there either. Coleman can't play there when he's our starting RB.

We still need a stiker, although not as much as the other two positions - Kone and Jelavic are both contenders for 15 goals in a season if they're on form, so if we bring someone in it's got to be someone who's BETTER than both of them. Anichebe proved last year he's an effective impact sub who, used correctly will get 10 - 12 goals a season. Vellios could use six months on loan in the Championship.

Kudos to RM for shoring up the goalkeeper's spot and the centre of defence, and we were already fine elsewhere.

Last edited:
We still need a stiker, although not as much as the other two positions - Kone and Jelavic are both contenders for 15 goals in a season if they're on form, so if we bring someone in it's got to be someone who's BETTER than both of them.

Behave. Martinez will only play with 1 central striker, there's no way on Earth we'll be bringing in another one, unless Jelavic moves on.

Tree13;2118891 Vellios could use six months on loan in the Championship. Kudos to RM for shoring up the goalkeeper's spot and the centre of defence said:
I think it would be a mistake to loan Velios..I think that Martinez will give him more of a chance, and he will prove to be another effective option up front.

I think it would be a mistake to loan Velios..I think that Martinez will give him more of a chance, and he will prove to be another effective option up front.

He needs game time imo & he's not going to get it as 4th choice here. Personally, I don't think he's anywhere near good enough, but a loan stint at a decent Championship side would prove whether he's got it in him or not.

We are just probably two quality players short of having a really good squad. It seems that we may still have a bit of cash left, but no where near enough to make any major signings (probably something around the £5 mil mark. If we can manage to get rid of deadwood like Heitinga and Gueye for lets say £3 mil total (if we're lucky) and sell Jelavic for £6/7 mil then that could hypothetically leave us with around £15 mil to spend.

I agree with the calls for a CM being a priority, but we could also do with another quality striker to provide some competition for Kone if Jelly leaves -- that Austrian lad we were linked to yesterday looks promising, but lets face it hardly anybody on here knows anything about him. Eder (plays for Braga) would be a strong signing. Managed to watch quite a bit of him last season after I saw him tear Man Utd's defense a new one. He's strong and can hold the ball up well. Decent in the air and is very quick. Perhaps not the most natural finisher but he scored 17 goals last season and i'm sure he'd get a load of chances to convert. Only 25 so his best is yet to come as a striker. Could be expensive though as I think Braga value him at around £7 mil.

But the main player i'd like to see brought in, or at least a player like him, is Miralem Pjanic from Roma. He's been linked with Spuds and Arsenal but has stated he has no desire to leave Roma yet, unfortunatley. However, they've just signed Strootman and are wanting to buy another striker with Osvaldo been linked with a move and their midfield is pretty packed if they are to carry on playing 4-3-3. Pjanic is the exact type of player we are looking for; nippy (not exactly pacey but quick enough), has great vision and a great range of passing. Would be perfect to play behind the striker with the two wingers on either side, and could easily switch with Fellaini to play deeper alongside Gibbo if we were chasing the game. A midfield of Gibson, Fellaini, Mirallas, Pjanic and Pienaar/Deulofeu would be one of the strongest in the league outside the top 5. Maybe a bit of a pipe dream, but Pjanic is rumoured to be available for around £12-£15 mil. Would really help push us to the next level IMO.

Vellios told moyes he had no intrest in going out on loan last season.

Martinez need to think very carefully what he is going to do upfront, IMHO he needs to give himself more options if he needs to win football games.

Meanwhile it,s criminal that the board have not offered baines an extension. The only message it sends out is that we are hanging around to take the money if it,s enough menawhile Baines looks to OT with each passing day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back