Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough (just saying I didn't mean to come across in a bad way), what makes you think we'd finish below them though?

I can see why people might feel like we have no chance, but what if Jelavic started banging them in again?

What if Kone improved his already decent scoring record and hits 15 next season?

What if Mirallas destroys the league now that he's had a warm up season?

All these possibilities make me think that we have almost strengthened more than the other teams in the way that the current crop of forwards could and SHOULD score more than last season, meaning that we could easily have a great season.

Exactly, this could be a platform season where we add the depth and focus on getting into Europe this season to add quality next summer (quality on top of the depth that is now there for the extra games).

I just think they (the ****e) and the others are gonna be adding several more players yet.

I think a lot are taking for granted that RM is gonna make us better than moyes.
(I certainly don't think that's a guarantee)

Tbh the only point I was trying to make was that we need a couple of quality signings haha, and without them think we could struggle. But again that's more to do with what others are doing than us.

I just think they (the ****e) and the others are gonna be adding several more players yet.

I think a lot are taking for granted that RM is gonna make us better than moyes.
(I certainly don't think that's a guarantee)

Tbh the only point I was trying to make was that we need a couple of quality signings haha, and without them think we could struggle. But again that's more to do with what others are doing than us.

First bold: Yeah no doubt, I do think the others are certain to strengthen to be honest but I meant as it stands I feel like it's alright - how long that lasts who knows?

Second bold: this is the biggest unknown, we could fly or fall with Martinez but I guess there's no way to tell until the season's over (we need to avoid getting on his back too early if we start poorly).

Third bold: definitely, but I think we might be in for a couple surprise quality signings before the prem kicks off.

Matri will be back up to Lorent as the the CF.

The 'Just behind' striker will be Tevez / Vicinic.

Not sure weather Matri will be strong enough for a lone striker role in the prem.

matri.jpg
Any pics ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back