Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The likleyhood of us having £10-15m sat in the bank waiting to be spent is slim to **** all, but I wouldn't rule out a purchase from the continent, as the fees can still be paid over the contract length, so in theory we could buy a £10m player with only a couple of £m up front & the future TV cash would obviously cover it.

I agree with this, problem with it, is we will be in the same shoes as a few years ago when we never signed a player for two years. As each year we were paying the likes of the Felli transfer ( 3 million per year??? )

Unfortunately, I can see the same thing happening again.

I agree with this, problem with it, is we will be in the same shoes as a few years ago when we never signed a player for two years. As each year we were paying the likes of the Felli transfer ( 3 million per year??? )

Unfortunately, I can see the same thing happening again.

We'd have to spend £100m to end up in that scenario for the next 4 years mate :)

....my understanding is that if Fellaini goes it is likely to happen sooner rather than later because his buy-out clause is time bound. Amidst all the rumours, the one that appears to have a bit of momentum is Tom Ince. I have to say that I'm not overly keen, but I accept that I haven't seen enough to gain a real view. My other concern with this one is that his old man appears part of the package and if young Tom isn't getting a game daddy Paul will be in the press telling Roberto how to pick the team.

"A line coming out of Spain, and Denis Cheryshev has penned a new contract at Real Madrid. The Russian winger had been linked with the likes of Malaga, Everton and leading clubs in Germany."

From sky sports

I've never heard of this guy before but we lost him.

Never heard of him either but I'm fuming here

And you know this how?

We've added a bit more strength in depth that we never had last season. Why can't that push us on a level?

Also, it would probably apply to Fellaini but I don't think Baines' decision to stay or leave will be based on what players we buy and whether we're taking 'strides forward' or not.

We didn't just fall short last season because of depth mate, sure lack of quality depth didnt help but we fell short because of lack of quality throughout. To push us on a level we need players adding to the first 11 with the quality of Rooney's, honda's, strootman's. even Ba's, bony's etc....

Don't get me wrong we'v brought in a better number No.2 Gk, a decent back up CB (better than heitinga) A promising young squad winger (better than Naismith) and a good striker (prob better than what we got) and so far yes we're probably in slightly better shape than we finished BUT we certainly haven't made any strides on the teams above or the one directly below. To move on a level we need a couple of quality additions.

We would struggle for top 8 with what we got currently. But I'm sure bobby's not done yet so fingers crossed! Mind you problem is neither are utd, city, Chelsea, arsenal, spurs, Liverpool, Christ even Norwich, Swansea and co ain't done yet.

We didn't just fall short last season because of depth mate, sure lack of quality depth didnt help but we fell short because of lack of quality throughout. To push us on a level we need players adding to the first 11 with the quality of Rooney's, honda's, strootman's. even Ba's, bony's etc....

Don't get me wrong we'v brought in a better number No.2 Gk, a decent back up CB (better than heitinga) A promising young squad winger (better than Naismith) and a good striker (prob better than what we got) and so far yes we're probably in slightly better shape than we finished BUT we certainly haven't made any strides on the teams above or the one directly below. To move on a level we need a couple of quality additions.

We would struggle for top 8 with what we got currently. But I'm sure bobby's not done yet so fingers crossed! Mind you problem is neither are utd, city, Chelsea, arsenal, spurs, Liverpool, Christ even Norwich, Swansea and co ain't done yet.

You are being far too simplistic in your thinking. If all it amounted to was buying the best players to have the most quality in a squad Man City would win everything (bar champs league).

But we have no money for that!!!

You are being far too simplistic in your thinking. If all it amounted to was buying the best players to have the most quality in a squad Man City would win everything (bar champs league).

I'm not talking money, in talking quality players. Obviously the two are more often than not linked together. My point being we have not moved on a level with what we have signed. We need 2 quality additions into that first 11, whether there loan deals, free deals, 0-5M 10-20M.

The team with the most quality players usually wins. See man utd, Chelsea and city in recent years.

What? I don't think that's the case at all, our squad is MILES better than anyone below us and the others in the top 7. No team has strengthened to the point of me being worried about losing our place in the league, I feel that we've strengthened as well as other teams considering we've still got two players who are up there as the best in their respective positions.

What? I don't think that's the case at all, our squad is MILES better than anyone below us and the others in the top 7. No team has strengthened to the point of me being worried about losing our place in the league, I feel that we've strengthened as well as other teams considering we've still got two players who are up there as the best in their respective positions.

Bit depressing that Spurs have now move so far ahead of us that we no longer regard them as being our competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back