Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That lat Philipp Hosiner has an exceptional goal scoring record - albeit in lower leagues (Austria). To score 32 in 36 is still very impressive. Seen some paper has linked us to him, perhaps a replacement if Jela does go.

The Guardian, The Mail and the Echo are all reporting that we're interested at £4m. Unless they're all repeating the same source it would seem like there is something in it.

His record is 32 in 36 for Austria Vienna, 15 in 38 for Admira Wacker, 13 in 33 for First Vienna and 2 in 3 for Austria. Plus he won't be 25 until the end of the season.

He sounds like a decent shout.

To be honest think you're talking out of your arse. You're making Moyes seem like a poor manager and tactician purely because he has left. It's like what people on here do about players who could be leaving, try and pick on their negative points and amplify them by ten. It's stupid.

Correct. Happens with 99% of the players too.

The Guardian, The Mail and the Echo are all reporting that we're interested at £4m. Unless they're all repeating the same source it would seem like there is something in it.

His record is 32 in 36 for Austria Vienna, 15 in 38 for Admira Wacker, 13 in 33 for First Vienna and 2 in 3 for Austria. Plus he won't be 25 until the end of the season.

He sounds like a decent shout.

Martinez denied it though, said it was new to him. He might be bluffing though.

They're both central midfielders. I think it's a bit of a myth that Barkley is an attacking midfielder. Pienaar is also an option.

I disagree, but that's opinion for you.

Gibson and Felliani for me are two very, very different players to Osman and Barkley.

All are midfielders; but if I were to pick two to play as my only two central players in a 3-4-3 or 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 as Martinez is likely to line up then I wouldn't choose the latter two. But that's just me.

That said, Osman did a passable job there early last season before he succumbed to utter exhaustion from having to play every single game. Barkley, I really don't know where he'll end up playing. If he can't shine from there at age group level, he's going to struggle to do it in the EPL.

2 million quid, only 25.

lee-cattermole-007.jpg

When RM arrived I counted a squad of 18 senior players including a goalkeeper ,including Heitinga who wants out,including Gueye that we want out and including Barkley who is still totally unested at the highest level over an extended period.

We are unsure about the younger players and RM could not count on them as first team players without working with them and seeing them in action .

He simply had to add some depth to the squad and at a minimum cost he has added depth and quality.
Even if we now lose Heitinga and Gueye we still have a squad of 20.
The squad is quite solid now.

I think any future additions will be for players that are relatively unknown to us but players that RM thinks has long term potential or big money signing brought about by players leaving Everton.
I see all sorts of journeymen being mentioned and I don't think we are in that market at all.
I think Lundstram and Grant will be tried and tested long before we sign a player like Diame.

I am more worried about Fellaini and Baines situation than we not signing any further players, and i guess the CM situation is related to Fellaini's situation, if he is sold, RM will replace him and maybe buy 2 first team CMs with the money, if he stays, he might go for a free/cheap/loan cover

Barca say Fabregas is not for sale
Madrid say Ronaldo is not for sale
United say Rooney is not for sale
Liverpool say Suarez is not for sale
Spurs say Bale is not for sale
Everton say Baines is not for sale

How many of these will have been sold by september 1st?

If the window shut now, we'd look pretty good for the season I reckon.
The money Martinez appears fairly well spent and the squad was already good.

Sell no one and buy no one from now on and we'll of had a high spending summer by our standards.

And it looks like we'll of improved the starting 11 with Kone and Gerrard which works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back