Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just bumped into Distin at the airport. I asked him about our incomings and outgoings, however he had no news. I always thought the milkman delivered. And yes that is one of the old Bluekipper stories. As a side note what the hell has happened to that place?

Possibly connected to him not being in the squad for the US tour? It could be that Alcaraz will be Jagielka's partner this year and Distin is moving on or maybe he's injured and flying off for calf placenta injections somewhere?!

He was never worth £15 million in the first place, nothing we can do about that now. Panic buy from Moyes

Hahahahaha clueless doesn't do it justice

No - I actually think Moyes got phenomenally lucky with him. At the time he was never worth that. For the first 18 months with us, he just went around gobbing people.

He has, however, turned out to be a very good player. But I don't think anyone could've spotted the potential he had. Until he turned into a world class player seemingly overnight, he was on his way to being a Bilyaletdinov. Who can honestly say that after one year here, they've been upset if he'd have been sold? Not me. But that's not the case now.

As I say, someone somewhere got very lucky. So lucky that I hope he stays.

Last edited:
No - I actually think Moyes got phenomenally lucky with him. At the time he was never worth that. For the first 18 months with us, he just went around gobbing people.

He has, however, turned out to be a very good player. But I don't think anyone could've spotted the potential he had. Until he turned into a world class player seemingly overnight, he was on his way to being a Bilyaletdinov. Who can honestly say that after one year here, they've been upset if he'd have been sold? Not me. But that's not the case now.

Not so sure about the not spotting potential. The only thing that makes me think that they had not fully done their homework, bearing in mind this was a last minute of the last day of the window transfer was when BK reckoned that he phoned Moyes when
He was with Fellaini and asked Hume "what's he like?". Moyes' reply "Massive". That has rung some alarm bells with me about BK and Moyes since.

He destroyed Liverpool when playing for Liege before signing for us....Moyes may have indeed got lucky as he did his best to play him outta position....Fellaini is class ..anyone who cannot see that probably thinks Hibbert is our number 2 next season and sees Osman in the starting 11 ...Coyb

Moyes had his "grunts" data analysts watch videos of the games in the Belgian league as no stats were recorded on them in the details they needed. It was not luck at all, he was the replacement for Carsley they wanted. I posted a link on here from the FT which had an interview with the analysts.

He destroyed Liverpool when playing for Liege before signing for us....Moyes may have indeed got lucky as he did his best to play him outta position....Fellaini is class ..anyone who cannot see that probably thinks Hibbert is our number 2 next season and sees Osman in the starting 11 ...Coyb

No mate.

My point was that he may not have been quite as good as he is now, for all of his career so far. Please re-read my post and you'll find I rate him immensely now.

No mate.

My point was that he may not have been quite as good as he is now, for all of his career so far. Please re-read my post and you'll find I rate him immensely now.
To be fair mate,.. I did indeed read and understand your quote just was really checking I could reply to a post as hardly ever post..so obviously I can now....:)

Possibly connected to him not being in the squad for the US tour? It could be that
Alcaraz will be Jagielka's partner this
year and Distin is moving on or maybe he's injured and flying off for calf placenta injections somewhere?!

Seeing Distin at the airport with no news was an old old Bluekipper joke, relax!!

there hasnt been alot mentioned about remy at qpr

a top player in the championship, im suprised no one is bidding. scored some crackers in the prem in just half a season.

there hasnt been alot mentioned about remy at qpr

a top player in the championship, im suprised no one is bidding. scored some crackers in the prem in just half a season.

Might be because the teams that would want him know he's a bad merc and don't want to have to find a replacement in the event he decides he's better than your club.

there hasnt been alot mentioned about remy at qp

a top player in the championship, im

suprised no one is bidding. scored some crackers in the prem in just half a season.

Hmm, rape charges, pretty ribbidh goalscoring record before he left France, clearly a moneygrabber.. Its a no from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back