Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not watched medel so can't comment with any real knowledge of him as a player but watching a good old you tube clip, he looks like a overweight pub player, running around like a headless chicken fouling people.

I am most likely completely wrong about him but was not impressed at all...

...just done the U Tube thing for Medel. Had to laugh. All it shows is him running around chasing opponents and kicking them when he catches up. He's got a decent pedigree and the type of little dynamo all teams need but no real example of his creativity and quality on the ball. From all we know of Martinez he doesn't appear his type but who knows.
Reminds me of Mike Tyson.

15M for Mcarthy ??? SSN rumour thingy....

Christ, that's redicilously serious money that surely we don't have, and he's not worth!

8-10M and I've have him. Looking at Gibson's importance so far in Pre-season, if he was to pick up an injury it would severely damage the teams play. Would be good if we had the cash to add a player like that to challange/rotate with felli and gibbo.

More than likely, any deals like that involve Fellaini leaving.

...just done the U Tube thing for Medel. Had to laugh. All it shows is him running around chasing opponents and kicking them when he catches up. He's got a decent pedigree and the type of little dynamo all teams need but no real example of his creativity and quality on the ball. From all we know of Martinez he doesn't appear his type but who knows.
Reminds me of Mike Tyson.

Reminds me of a poor Wilson placios!

Sounds like a good player on paper, over 50caps for chile and compared to Gattuso.

Certainly appears to offer something which fellaini and gibson dont. Not sure about any youtube clips lol

15M for Mcarthy ??? SSN rumour thingy....

Christ, that's redicilously serious money that surely we don't have, and he's not worth!

8-10M and I've have him. Looking at Gibson's importance so far in Pre-season, if he was to pick up an injury it would severely damage the teams play. Would be good if we had the cash to add a player like that to challange/rotate with felli and gibbo.

More than likely, any deals like that involve Fellaini leaving.

we wont pay 15 million for him, Martinez will have to look else where. Gibson wont play a full season so it risky making Gibson the main midfielder.

What would everyone think about Fellaini being sold and replaced by capoue and Mcarthy ??

id be up for that, but I would deffo make sure the deals are nailed on 1st.... As you know everton invariably sell at 11.59 on deadline day with no players to replace them with.

Last edited:
id be up for that, but I would deffo make sure the deals are nailed on 1st.... As you know everton invariably sell at 11.59 on deadline day with no players to replace them with.
How many times has this happened? Mikel is one but that was Arsenal first bid? and wenger is a slimeball and done that on purpose, cant remember any more.

He's 5'7". How does he fare marking players 6' out of games? I've never seen him play so Ijj, I defer completely to you on the quality of his game. Nervous that he's really jockey sized.

Wouldn't be too nervous mate. There's probably nothing in it.

He's not tall but he's stocky and gets round the height thing by generally being mental.

Think the Spanish Joey Barton without the bellend tweets and nobbish antics but while being able to play football to a decent standard.

If fellaini is going to be sold surely Martinez will have done his homework and will have a replacement lined up have to agree with few posters on here that Gibson by all accounts is having a great pre season but won't last all season imperative we get good good cover in there and I'd also like to see Moses been looked at to be brought in or a cheaper alternative in Sinclair... Been really impressed with Martinez and how he handles the media and so forth... Really looking forward to start of season

If fellaini is going to be sold surely Martinez will have done his homework and will have a replacement lined up have to agree with few posters on here that Gibson by all accounts is having a great pre season but won't last all season imperative we get good good cover in there and I'd also like to see Moses been looked at to be brought in or a cheaper alternative in Sinclair... Been really impressed with Martinez and how he handles the media and so forth... Really looking forward to start of season
I do prefer Martinez manner then Moyes, Moyes interviews would be depressing and he would do this just before the start of the season as well where Martinez is all about being positive and excitement.

Capoue rated at 9mil ish and mccarhy at about the same most say....

Fellaini being sold for these two wouldnt be the best bit of business when hes worth more than both combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back