Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capoue rated at 9mil ish and mccarhy at about the same most say....

Fellaini being sold for these two wouldnt be the best bit of business when hes worth more than both combined.

Those 2 to replace Fellaini IMO wouldn't be the end of the world. Would leave us with 3 (gibson capoue mcarthy) very good options for those 2 CM roles as apposed to 2 (fellaini gibson) and a probably average back up option. My main worry is Gibson will most likely only be fit half the season, which is a BIG problem!

Gary Medel would be perfect for is.

£6m is a great price too. Saw him mark Messi out of a game once. He's a bit mental but I like that.

Sadly we don't have £6m I don't think.

Yeah the sunday people reckon were trying to find £6m to sign this lad. Be a really good signing though. Then in another rag it says were weighing up a £15m bid for McCarthy like were cash rich! Haha.

Never seen Madel play would he be a better signing then capoue?

totally different players IMO. Medel puts himself about and is an hot head but a decent player though and Capoue is more technical and a good passer of the ball, long and short.

The Gary Medel story is by the one and only Alan efing Nixon who recons: Agent been over twice in last fortnight to see RM

It's in the sunday people aswell so Nixon isn't the only one running with it. But O'Keeffe of the Echo said weeks ago that Martinez was abandoning moves for Moses to look at CM options?!. Would be a good move IF true. It's good to see Martinez is looking for that type of player for our team, shows he wants steel in there to go with all the good play!.

More CM's please. We need cover for Gibson that's better than Gibson, like.
Medel makes me think of Vidal, who also is boss. Would be great if we could get him or someone like him.

West brom's Yaqob is the kind of player we need. Real terrier-type, like.

It's in the sunday people aswell so Nixon isn't the only one running with it. But O'Keeffe of the Echo said weeks ago that Martinez was abandoning moves for Moses to look at CM options?!. Would be a good move IF true. It's good to see Martinez is looking for that type of player for our team, shows he wants steel in there to go with all the good play!.

We need it too, and I don't think Martinez is averse to having that in his team - he tried to persuade Cattermole to turn Sunderland down when he took over at Wigan...obviously we need someone with more than he's got, but the point is made.

I would be happy with Medel and for my wild card Thudd . The lad is going to be absolutely wasted this year at Spurs and it would give us an alternative to Gibson if he was injured or put of a form. Arguably when on form the best passer in the league and would love to see him drop it behind the full back for Seamus and Baines to tear onto. Definitely not the quickest but then neither is Gibbo, the ball is quicker than the man anyway.

I would be happy with Medel and for my wild card Thudd . The lad is going to be absolutely wasted this year at Spurs and it would give us an alternative to Gibson if he was injured or put of a form. Arguably when on form the best passer in the league and would love to see him drop it behind the full back for Seamus and Baines to tear onto. Definitely not the quickest but then neither is Gibbo, the ball is quicker than the man anyway.

I like Huddlestone, don't know if that Hollywood passing style is what Martinez would see as a priority now. But you cant have too many quality players I suppose and he'd give us options if, as you say, Gibson was crocked.

That's the worrying thing for me Gibson a fine player but with a history of injury problems, another worrying thing is Everton being Everton seem to be waiting for Fellaini to be sold before making a move. We need another midfield enforcer before anyone is sold.

Paul, you believe Gibson will play more than 25 league games in a season? And who is going to sit on the bench? Osman and Barkley! Fellaini, Gibson and that French fella will all start along with two wingers and a striker.

Last edited:
Please don't be McCarthy, please don't be McCarthy.

I haven't really seen anything of Medel so it would be wrong for me to get my hopes up that we will sign him, when the odds are that we wont. I like the Tom Huddlestone shouts, I do rate him. Think his passing is second to nobodies, although he can be very suspect at times. Hasn't got much other qualities other than his passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back