Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't be McCarthy, please don't be McCarthy.

I haven't really seen anything of Medel so it would be wrong for me to get my hopes up that we will sign him, when the odds are that we wont. I like the Tom Huddlestone shouts, I do rate him. Think his passing is second to nobodies, although he can be very suspect at times. Hasn't got much other qualities other than his passing.

Hoddle-esque at times. He does seem in his own little bubble at other times though.

I'd hate us to sign players that can't run.

I would've had Huddleston at CB which would've been perfect for his build and level of overall fitness.

We need it too, and I don't think Martinez is averse to having that in his team - he tried to persuade Cattermole to turn Sunderland down when he took over at Wigan...obviously we need someone with more than he's got, but the point is made.

Available for 2 million as well Cattermole.

Paul, you believe Gibson will play more than 25 league games in a season? And who is going to sit on the bench? Osman and Barkley! Fellaini, Gibson and that French fella will all start along with two wingers and a striker.

So you're saying we'll play three defensive midfielders? Not what I'd do mate. I don't think RM will do it either. Gibson made 26 apps last season and will probably make at least that many this season. I don't think a good quality player would be very excited by the prospect of being our back up to Gibson and Fellaini. I'm not saying we shouldn't sign one, but I think if we're signing back up we have to be realistic about the quality of player we'd be shopping for.

We do need a CM, it's quite evident. As mentioned above, no-one is going to want to play second fiddle. But we can't afford to lose Gibson OR Fellaini, IMO.

If we could get a CM in along the same lines as what we've done with Oviedo that would be great. IE - a relative unknown, young, willing to learn etc.

According to various sources, Manchester United have contacted Everton once again regarding the availabitlity of Marouane Fellaini

Seen this online earlier, thought it was interesting. A lot of big spenders this summer, but honestly, how much of those that have overspent us will finish above us?

English teams spending this summer

Arsenal - € 0
Aston Villa - € 12.3m
Cardiff City - € 10.5m
Chelsea - € 33.3m
Crystal Palace - € 8.3m
Everton - € 11m
Fulham - € 7m
Hull City - € 8.6m
Liverpool - € 26.8m
Manchester City - € 111m
Manchester United - € 1.8m
Norwich City - € 28.5m
Southampton - € 24.5m
Stoke City - € 3.6m
Sunderland - € 21.7m
Swansea City - € 23.2m
Tottenham - € 27m
West Ham - € 18m

Fellaini out, McCarthy in would be the safe prediction.

I'm convinced the reason we haven't moved for a centre midfielder yet is because McCarthy is the player he really wants and he's biding his time until someone moves for Fellaini.

We need it too, and I don't think Martinez is averse to having that in his team - he tried to persuade Cattermole to turn Sunderland down when he took over at Wigan...obviously we need someone with more than he's got, but the point is made.

Exactly. At Swansea he brought in Ferrie Bodde to do just that, do all the dirty work shall we say. wanted to keep Cattermole at Wigan to do a similar job, brought in Diame aswell to do a similar job but he had more about him than just being a destructive midfielder.

Do think we need a more experienced CM in the squad to call upon for if we was to suffer suspensions and injuries. I'm all for giving the likes of Lundstram, Junior or Grant an opportunity, but with there age and lack of experience im not sure there gonna be able to come in and perform to a consistent level as someone like a Medel or McCarthy, who have near on 100 or more games at a good level behind them?!.

Available for 2 million as well Cattermole.

I got the impression from reading about that episode that Cattermole may have burnt his bridges siding with Steve Bruce. I dont think Martinez would rush to take him back.

Exactly. At Swansea he brought in Ferrie Bodde to do just that, do all the dirty work shall we say. wanted to keep Cattermole at Wigan to do a similar job, brought in Diame aswell to do a similar job but he had more about him than just being a destructive midfielder.

Do think we need a more experienced CM in the squad to call upon for if we was to suffer suspensions and injuries. I'm all for giving the likes of Lundstram, Junior or Grant an opportunity, but with there age and lack of experience im not sure there gonna be able to come in and perform to a consistent level as someone like a Medel or McCarthy, who have near on 100 or more games at a good level behind them?!.

Someone like Tiote at Newcastle is a controversial character but he - or someone like him - might be required. He can find a pass too.

So you're saying we'll play three defensive midfielders? Not what I'd do mate. I don't think RM will do it either. Gibson made 26 apps last season and will probably make at least that many this season. I don't think a good quality player would be very excited by the prospect of being our back up to Gibson and Fellaini. I'm not saying we shouldn't sign one, but I think if we're signing back up we have to be realistic about the quality of player we'd be shopping for.

Fellaini played AM last season and scored 11 league goals. If we intend to play Fellaini and Gibson in CM then we need a boss AM.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back