The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign McCarthy I think he'll be a success. I'm sure come the end of the season we'd be at worst pleased with him.

Ive got no major problem with the player, just paying so much money to break a leg would make me cry.

Hes vastly overpriced, we laughed at the sh1te when they bought Allen, its pretty much the same thing, McCarthy is a better player, but its still a terrible price IMO.

wsa4TLU.jpg

Nah not terrible. Just not good.

Spurs surely will start getting rid of players particularly in midfield would anyone be tempted for sigursson? Holtby?if price was right it would be a no brainer for me...

I'd prefer Holtby but they signed him to recently, Sigursson is still a great player id welcome him

The same people who were sl@gging the signing of Gibson off are the same ones sl@gging the potential signing of McCarthy off...the very same ones.

Ive got no major problem with the player, just paying so much money to break a leg would make me cry.

Hes vastly overpriced, we laughed at the sh1te when they bought Allen, its pretty much the same thing, McCarthy is a better player, but its still a terrible price IMO.

I wouldn't like to see us spend over £10m for him. I thought £8m would get him but it seems he's being rumoured at £15m? No idea where that has come from, seems way too high.

I reckon we could get Chrlie Adam for around 5 million.

i think his corners cost more than that mate.

oh no he din'nt

He is quite similar to Gibson as people have said. He's around the same level though but I think has a slightly more rounded game, although Gibson is probably still the better player.

If he comes in and he's as good as Gibson then I'd be very pleased. You can't compare transfer fees though as Gibson was very much out of favour and needed to re-start his career, whereas McCarthy is a fairly highly rated young player with potential.

He is quite similar to Gibson as people have said. He's around the same level though but I think has a slightly more rounded game, although Gibson is probably still the better player.

If he comes in and he's as good as Gibson then I'd be very pleased. You can't compare transfer fees though as Gibson was very much out of favour and needed to re-start his career, whereas McCarthy is a fairly highly rated young player with potential.

Also, McCarthy played 42 times last season, Gibbo only managed 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back