The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From SkySports

"Newcastle have withdrawn from negotiations with Lyon for striker Bafetimbi Gomis, according to Sky sources.

The Magpies were understood to have increased their offer for 27-year-old Gomis to £6.9million last week.

However, the Ligue 1 side have been reportedly holding out for a bigger offer for the France international.

Alan Pardew has been eager to increase his attacking options and set his sights on Gomis, who scored 18 goals for Lyon last season.

It is now likely he will turn his attention to bringing in QPR forward Loic Remy, who has been linked with a season-long loan deal.

Shola Ameobi and Papiss Cisse are the club's only recognised strikers and Pardew has been working with chief scout Graham Carr and the club's director of football Joe Kinnear in trying to recruit new talent."

Supposedly they were in the market for around 8 mil, would be a good buy but idk if hes in our budget

Remy to newcaslte....brilliant...can they sign Ince and Sinclair as well that would make my day.

Has Gomis seen the river douglas....well then next,

From SkySports

"Newcastle have withdrawn from negotiations with Lyon for striker Bafetimbi Gomis, according to Sky sources.

The Magpies were understood to have increased their offer for 27-year-old Gomis to £6.9million last week.

However, the Ligue 1 side have been reportedly holding out for a bigger offer for the France international.

Alan Pardew has been eager to increase his attacking options and set his sights on Gomis, who scored 18 goals for Lyon last season.

It is now likely he will turn his attention to bringing in QPR forward Loic Remy, who has been linked with a season-long loan deal.

Shola Ameobi and Papiss Cisse are the club's only recognised strikers and Pardew has been working with chief scout Graham Carr and the club's director of football Joe Kinnear in trying to recruit new talent."

Supposedly they were in the market for around 8 mil, would be a good buy but idk if hes in our budget

...apparently Gomis only has a year left on his contract so it seems a lot to pay.

I really cant understand this McCarthy hate here.

I would welcome him with open arms and legs

Think its the price mate, and the fact with that over inflated price it would mean loosing Fellaini.

I for one actually think Mcarthy is a good player and would love it if we could add Mcarthy for the 8M ish he's worth whilst keeping Fellaini and baines. Him Gibson and Fellaini would be a great trio to battle it out for 2 places.

Think its the price mate, and the fact with that over inflated price it would mean loosing Fellaini.

I for one actually think Mcarthy is a good player and would love it if we could add Mcarthy for the 8M ish he's worth whilst keeping Fellaini and baines. Him Gibson and Fellaini would be a great trio to battle it out for 2 places.

Agreed.

Ok question about mc Carthy if he didn'tplay for Wigan and was available for between 10/12 million would people go for him honestly I would I'm Irish seen him play a good few times and rate him highly.. If fellaini goes I can see McCarthy coming in to play as a midfielder but can see either a matri or capoune arriving aswell. McCarthy won't be direct replacement for fellaini imo..

Ok question about mc Carthy if he didn'tplay for Wigan and was available for between 10/12 million would people go for him honestly I would I'm Irish seen him play a good few times and rate him highly.. If fellaini goes I can see McCarthy coming in to play as a midfielder but can see either a matri or capoune arriving aswell. McCarthy won't be direct replacement for fellaini imo..

I'd go for him for around 8 million but the 15 million wigan want is a piss take

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back