The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So then....we had this

" We have had no bids for Baines " Robert Martinez

then last night

Speaking in an open and candid Q&A session in San Francisco at the first of four planned official supporter evenings during the club's USA tour, Elstone confirmed widespread reports earlier this summer that United did lodge an offer for Baines but it was emphatically rejected.

Indicating that the Blues have no intention of selling the 28 year-old, Elstone said that "we consider the matter closed," as Roberto Martinez and his players continue their preparation for the new season.

"We very much see Leighton as part of Everton's future and expect him to be with the club for a long time to come," Elstone concluded.

and yesterday

Buttner's Agent Confirms United Interest in Signing Leighton Baines

so that,s all cleared up then.

Martinez said NO FURTHER BIDS

Think he said we'd not had any bids in the previous two weeks mate.

United had initially bidded for him more than two weeks previously. Martinez was alluding to us not having any recent bids.

Well Suntan Bob has said the matter is closed and the player will be with everton for a long time to come.

So all,s well that end,s well.

Well Suntan Bob has said the matter is closed and the player will be with everton for a long time to come.

Every player has his price, including Leighton, I just doubt that United will offer a figure that falls into the "too good to refuse" category for Baines.

I suppose that it might depend on just how desperate Moyes gets in his quest to bring some new faces in.

Slightly baffled why Moyes hasn't already made a move if he wants felli or baines. The window has been open for a month now.

You'd have to hope he'd be wise enough not to posture over this or these words will sink him,

Hopefully a good sign. Get Baines on a better contract ASAP.

If Baines goes we have a ready made replacement in Oviedo, I'd obviously prefer him to stay but Oviedo can step up and fill the void and is a world class option at left back.

Maybe he wants to get a decent big name signing in first, to appease the United fans.

Most of them dont rate Baines or Fellaini.

I think they do.

Especially after the 4-4 draw there and the performance against them at home last season.

My mates who are regulars at OT do anyway.

I think some of them are just yearning for a Hollywood signing which Fellaini isn't! City are spending trillions again, they are feeling left out.

You'd have to hope he'd be wise enough not to posture over this or these words will sink him,

Hopefully a good sign. Get Baines on a better contract ASAP.

It does seem the most logical next step, well, at least since Martinez got here to the club...no...wonder what could be holding up a pay rise for his loyality to the club after all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back