The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bale is reportedly going for £90+ mil the offer Moyes and man utd made for Baines is an insult to Everton and Baines himself, when he does come knocking again Bill should tell Moyes to get his ginger arse out of here, You Don't live here anymore

If Bale is reportedly going for £90+ mil the offer Moyes and man utd made for Baines is an insult to Everton and Baines himself, when he does come knocking again Bill should tell Moyes to get his ginger arse out of here, You Don't live here anymore

Baines, a ready made Champions league player, England International and with more assits created by anyone in Europe plus his goals. 18m looks cheap to me even for a 29yr old, we should be selling the lad for at leats 20million plus based on the fact the BIG CLUBS can and will spend beyond what,s normal to get the players they need.

The board do not control other clubs when they made a bid or not, Fellaini and Baines are targets for other clubs, its seem Man u are looking at other players first and Evra could be leaving Man u so Baines will be his replacement. The last few days is when a lot of dealings will be done, we just have to hope Martinez will have replacements lined up. Its all about patient now and steady nerves. I hate the transfer window as it brings out all the drama queens.

Look, all I'm saying is that this feels like the same old same old. It's August on Thursday and we know the modus operandi of these carpetbaggers of ours.

It'll take three weeks of negotiation to see Baines and Fellaini out the door and then we'll be struggling to get that deficit made good again...and they'll want to do it on the cheap/drip. We'll have a new manager in the first weeks of the season running to catch up. It's not on.

I'm fully aware other clubs need to move to triggers this action off, but it suits our board down to the ground to get business like this done late. How many more times do they have to mug people off before everyone gets it?

If Baines goes we have a ready made replacement in Oviedo, I'd obviously prefer him to stay but Oviedo can step up and fill the void and is a world class option at left back.

666954d1359601749-quick-release-7efc0b3f_not_sure_if_serious_jack_nicholson_the_shining.jpeg

That's my thinking:

If we had intentions of selling Baines / Fellaini and replacing them with decent players they'd be gone by now.

What's the point of giving Fellaini the captain's armband in a friendly and then having him with the rest of the squad in America when he could be sold and have a replacement brought in with the money?

Same with Baines. If we wanted to sell and replace with a (as good as poss) like-for-like replacement it'd be done by now.

It all reeks of one or both of them going towards the end of the window and ****e / no replacements brought in and Moyes' favourite "we'll go with what we've got" line loaned to Martinez.

"The bids came out of the blue, we tried our best to improve the team with the 40m we generated, but we'll have to go with Oviedo at left back and could only get McCarthy in on an undisclosed fee deal."

Cue the rest of the cash disappearing and us finishing 9th.

Get lost Kenwright lad.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

If Baines goes we have a ready made replacement in Oviedo, I'd obviously prefer him to stay but Oviedo can step up and fill the void and is a world class option at left back.

To think all these clubs have been chasing the wrong left back when Ovideo was under all there noses all this time.

This scouting system is a lark eh.

That's my thinking:

If we had intentions of selling Baines / Fellaini and replacing them with decent players they'd be gone by now.

What's the point of giving Fellaini the captain's armband in a friendly and then having him with the rest of the squad in America when he could be sold and have a replacement brought in with the money?

Same with Baines. If we wanted to sell and replace with a (as good as poss) like-for-like replacement it'd be done by now.

It all reeks of one or both of them going towards the end of the window and ****e / no replacements brought in and Moyes' favourite "we'll go with what we've got" line loaned to Martinez.

"The bids came out of the blue, we tried our best to improve the team with the 40m we generated, but we'll have to go with Oviedo at left back and could only get McCarthy in on an undisclosed fee deal."

Get lost Kenwright lad.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

That's exactly what will happen.

****ing Groundhog Day at this club since the gangsters took control.

I'm wondering if Fellaini actually doesn't want to go to United,or more specifically doesn't want to play for Moyes any more.who knows,maybe RM is teaching him a new style of football and likes the sounds the new man is making about him.
For me,either way.if we get a good price for him then i'm sure we could replace him for half the money.
I've always had the impression Baines is happy at Everton,his lifestyle etc.don't think United will be willing to match the asking price so i'm hopeful on that front,think he'd be the bigger loss.

That's my thinking:

Get lost Kenwright lad.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Whilst I wanted to remain optimistic, it's difficult to see another outcome other than this one.

I'm wondering if Fellaini actually doesn't want to go to United,or more specifically doesn't want to play for Moyes any more.who knows,maybe RM is teaching him a new style of football and likes the sounds the new man is making about him.
For me,either way.if we get a good price for him then i'm sure we could replace him for half the money.
I've always had the impression Baines is happy at Everton,his lifestyle etc.don't think United will be willing to match the asking price so i'm hopeful on that front,think he'd be the bigger loss.

Fellaini will go where the money is simple as that. I see your point with Baines, but I can still see someone convincing him to move.

So then....we had this

" We have had no bids for Baines " Robert Martinez

then last night

Speaking in an open and candid Q&A session in San Francisco at the first of four planned official supporter evenings during the club's USA tour, Elstone confirmed widespread reports earlier this summer that United did lodge an offer for Baines but it was emphatically rejected.

Indicating that the Blues have no intention of selling the 28 year-old, Elstone said that "we consider the matter closed," as Roberto Martinez and his players continue their preparation for the new season.

"We very much see Leighton as part of Everton's future and expect him to be with the club for a long time to come," Elstone concluded.

and yesterday

Buttner's Agent Confirms United Interest in Signing Leighton Baines

so that,s all cleared up then.

Martinez said no MORE bids I.e. no 2nd bid

Indeed not when you have the CEO of everton saying the matter is closed.

Are you for f***ing real lad ?

What do you expect Elstone to say ?

'Yes while we'd like to keep Baines, we'll sell him if the right offer comes in. The ball is in United's court'

No, didn't think so.

Fairly sure the Chairman of our club said he wouldn't sell Rooney for less than £50m. Better find out where that extra £25m disappeared to eh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back