The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sissoko who jibbed us for the sh!te then turned out to be cr@p anyway?
It's a no from me..

This. We don't need a ball winner, we need someone who can dictate play with a good range of passing, like Gibson can. As it stands, I think we would miss Gibson more than any other member of our squad if he was unavailable, just like last season.

This. We don't need a ball winner, we need someone who can dictate play with a good range of passing, like Gibson can. As it stands, I think we would miss Gibson more than any other member of our squad if he was unavailable, just like last season.

xavi innit lad

Apparently, we have failed with a bid to get Luca Marrone on loan from Juventus, as they would rather sell him for €10m (£8.7m). He's a cracking young DM/CB and would be a great addition to the squad imo...

http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/everton-chiesto-marrone-in-prestito-la-juve-dice-no/

Google translate:

The radar of the Premier League on Luca Marrone. The fact Everton moved officially to the Juventus midfielder, asking to borrow. The club, however, has said no, declaring himself willing to sell the player for 10 million euro, thus removing at least for the moment Everton same.

Apparently, we have failed with a bid to get Luca Marrone on loan from Juventus, as they would rather sell him for €10m (£8.7m). He's a cracking young DM/CB and would be a great addition to the squad imo...

http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/everton-chiesto-marrone-in-prestito-la-juve-dice-no/

Google translate:

The radar of the Premier League on Luca Marrone. The fact Everton moved officially to the Juventus midfielder, asking to borrow. The club, however, has said no, declaring himself willing to sell the player for 10 million euro, thus removing at least for the moment Everton same.
Doesn't sound all that "cracking" from this

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...are-stunting-luca-marrones-development/page/2

Re: Matri

Didn't have much of an impact when he came on today.... but his penno was a cracker

and i like his hair!

Agree with this, it's not like in any formation we have set up in so far has looked like it needs a dedicated ball winner in there. Of course a player who is good in the tackle aswell as good at passing would be perfect. Utd havnt had a DM dedicated ball winner since Keane, still won trophy after trophy.

IMO Mcarthy would be a perfect addition to battle it out/cover for our other 2 CM players. The problem there is obviously price. As much as he's perfect, I wouldn't really wanna be paying more than 8M ish. I do however think this is roberto's plan and he's waiting to try and do this deal at the right price.

What does everyone think RM will do with Heitinga. Staying or going?

Going unless no body will pay half decent money for him to get some sort of replacement. If not he may just keep him as back up.

I think jags distin and alcaraz are in front of him. And after the last 2 friendlies probably stones too.

Would love to see distin's eventual replacement bought with heitinga funds. A young unknown bargain that turns out ace!!

Last edited:
Agree with this, it's not like in any formation we have set up in so far has looked like it needs a dedicated ball winner in there. Of course a player who is good in the tackle aswell as good at passing would be perfect. Utd havnt had a DM dedicated ball winner since Keane, still won trophy after trophy.

IMO Mcarthy would be a perfect addition to battle it out/cover for our other 2 CM players. The problem there is obviously price. As much as he's perfect, I wouldn't really wanna be paying more than 8M ish. I do however think this is roberto's plan and he's waiting to try and do this deal at the right price.

Mcarthy would be good as he already knows what Martinez expects and would be able to adapt very quickly, Gibson will not play every game, but the price is just too much for us, would deffo pay 8 million, this one might go to the last day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back