Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame that cool good players are already gone who were more than affordable.

Chadli 7m Spurs, that Capeoe or whatever his name is, another 7m to Spurs. All the while we're gonna spend 15m on McCarthy.

The obvious answer to all of this, is simply to not sell your star players at the last minute. Get the business done early, if any team approaches you at the death tell them to come back in January if they are serious.

At the end of the day, it is only 4 1/2 months until the window opens again.

The problem that we have is that everybody and his dog knows that our pathetic and inept board will not give the manager any funds until they sell assets first. Thus leaving us open to abuse and last minute bids for our star players, which if accepted, like you say leaves very little time to get replacements and damages squad morale, possibly to the point of disaster.

Don't get my hopes up that this will be handled well...

30m for the pair. If we sell them for that price or anywhere near it I am going to rip down every poster in my room, take the key ring off my keys, take the Everton logo off my car and never support Everton again until kenwright and the board is out!

I bet you he is licking his lips waiting for man u to throw that offer his way!

Kenwright must be absolutely made up.

35m, pocket half for the major shareholders, rest to the manager, and then play the old "we've maintained the level of debt" line next year and disappear into hibernation until we go on a good run / beat Liverpool.

30m for the pair. If we sell them for that price or anywhere near it I am going to rip down every poster in my room, take the key ring off my keys, take the Everton logo off my car and never support Everton again until kenwright and the board is out!

I bet you he is licking his lips waiting for man u to throw that offer his way!

Why would he? Rooney aside when was the last time we sold a player at less than the going rate?

If baines goes I would like to see oviedo given the chance to shine there if felli goes I want to see a midfielder come in who can do more than pass sideways or backwards like a lot of our midfield do. Im not sure I want to see a defensive rock type alongside gibson as thats what he provided last season.

Yobo, Arteta, Beckford, Yakubu. Especially the yak.

The Yak possibly but he was pretty much finished as a player, certainly for us (i don't care if he scored goals for Blackburn, he was doing nothing for us at that point and was on massive wages to boot).

Yobo wasn't playing and again was a massive drain due to his wages. Arteta went for a decent fee after asking to leave and Beckford was sold at at the going rate for a striker who we signed for free and didn't offer too much.

Last edited:
Why would Kenwright be happy with less money, that makes no sense , it is in his interest more than anybody else to get the greatest amount of money possible.

This! - you shouldn't raise fairly obvious points that goes against some people's agendas though

Only the yak can be in that list!!!!!

Beckford was sold for 2m after kicking 10 goals. He was only going to get better the next season. (This is irrespective to his form in the championship in the last few seasons) But surely we couldve demanded a couple more mill?

Yobo a very good defender for us, a proven PL defender making over 200 apps for us and we loan him out 2 consecutive years in a row running down his contract and also sell him for peanuts.

Arteta wasn't the player he was after his ACL but he was such an important player for us. Maybe 10 mill was the going rate but at the time im sure we couldve got 15m for him. Due to it being a panick deadline day offer maybe thats why. But imagine him in our team now we would have the creativity in the center of the park since his departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back