Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beckford was sold for 2m after kicking 10 goals. He was only going to get better the next season. (This is irrespective to his form in the championship in the last few seasons) But surely we couldve demanded a couple more mill?

Yobo a very good defender for us, a proven PL defender making over 200 apps for us and we loan him out 2 consecutive years in a row running down his contract and also sell him for peanuts.

Arteta wasn't the player he was after his ACL but he was such an important player for us. Maybe 10 mill was the going rate but at the time im sure we couldve got 15m for him. Due to it being a panick deadline day offer maybe thats why. But imagine him in our team now we would have the creativity in the center of the park since his departure.

Beckford was £4 milliion, and is now at Bolton after Leicester bombed him out to Huddersfield. We got a GREAT fee for him.

Yobo was good, well due a move. Not even great now.

Arteta we got s good fee, for a 30 year old.

Beckford was £4 milliion, and is now at Bolton after Leicester bombed him out to Huddersfield. We got a GREAT fee for him.

Yobo was good, well due a move. Not even great now.

Arteta we got s good fee, for a 30 year old.

Agreed, all three of those are examples of great deals irrespective of the fact that no one really wanted Mikel to leave.

Pabbers I just looked on EFC and he went for 2.5m not 2m so do you reckon that is a great fee? Not being a smart ass or anything

We all know how tight Moyes is with money. I reckon he´ll stop short of offering even 35. In the end we´ll probably get about 17 mil each and have a miserable season.

this.
my conclusion is that he wont be coming for duo. he knows he wont get them both with the money he/they are willing to splash out. fellaini he can have £23-25m- but only if it happends in next 10 days, otherwise nada. theze are me terms Moist! x

The fact that none of us want baines to go but most are reluctantly willing to accept Fellaini going for a decent fee to re-invest means only one thing.....

Utd will up there offer and take baines near the end of the window!

If they want either I would be negotiating a slightly lesser fee with a Rooney loan thrown in with us paying half his wage!

English buy out clauses don't force a club to sell like Spanish buy out clauses. They only give the player a right to talk to other clubs. Even if Fellaini has a 23m buyout clause, that doesn't mean Everton have to accept a 23m or 25m bid.

What usually ends up happening is that once a player is allowed to talk to other clubs, if he chooses to do so, he already wants to leave or is at least open to leaving. Once a player knows he can go elsewhere, it is much more difficult to keep the player happy and so the club usually chooses to sell.

Kenwright must be absolutely made up.

35m, pocket half for the major shareholders, rest to the manager, and then play the old "we've maintained the level of debt" line next year and disappear into hibernation until we go on a good run / beat Liverpool.

So...in your desoeration you've now got the board divvying up half of incoming transfer fees. I'm beginnin to think some people on here are descendents of Hans Christian Andersen.

I fully believe that if we ended up with £40m in the kitty, Martinez would do wonders.

Don't even think we need £40m. If Billy Elliot could pull £12-15m from somewhere, or sell some fringe (Heitinga, Geueye etc) then I think we could bring in two great players (Alderweirld and a CM).

But that's an ideal world. I think Felli will go, but the £25m or so received should made completely available to Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back