Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to any manager who is working without a budget it is incredibly difficult to pick up premiership players on a shoestring.

It is what David Moyes did best of all and it is a little ironic that his best trait will have little or no use or benefit for his new club where funds are available in large amounts.

How do you suppose he should have consistently attracted quality players to a relegation battling side who couldn't offer high wages or pay big transfer fees ?

Diame, Moses, Kone, McCarthy, Maloney. All good signings which cost less than a Bilyaletdinov.

Diame and Maloney I'd give you.

Moses, Kone and McCarthy we're all well known to premier league clubs, well done to martinez for taking a punt on them but I'm sure wigan weren't the only clubs interested, hence they had some leverage for transfer fees and wages and were obviously attractive to the footballers.

Wigan have had no problem attracting the likes of N'Zogbia, landzaart, valencia, ramis etc.

Bily cost £10m, the combined cost of those players was about £11m. So yes, near enough.

We lost £1.5m on Kroldrup. We lost £3.5m on Bily. We lost around £9m on Yak.

However, Moyes had made around £17/18m profit on Lescott alone, yeah on 1 player.

I don't know how can people have a go at Moyes regarding on transfers. We have been in the top 7 (more or less) since the last decade because of Moyes's transfer policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back