Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost £1.5m on Kroldrup. We lost £3.5m on Bily. We lost around £9m on Yak.

However, Moyes had made around £17/18m profit on Lescott alone, yeah on 1 player.

I don't know how can people have a go at Moyes regarding on transfers. We have been in the top 7 (more or less) since the last decade because of Moyes's transfer policy.

Not having a go at him.

Makes me laugh how you and other people pick on Martinez's transfers while seemingly ignoring the conditions he was operating under.

While Moyes didn't have a lot of money, he spent a hell of a lot more (particularly in the early part of his career at Everton) than Martinez was ever given at Wigan.

£2.5m isn't a great profit. We made the same profit on Beckford alone. You see what I mean. He didn't really have an eye on cheap players and then sold them for huge profit.

What players have we done so much profit on? I know Arteta and obviously Lescott but who else? I do remember loads that were sold at a loss though...

Not having a go at him.

Makes me laugh how you and other people pick on Martinez's transfers while seemingly ignoring the conditions he was operating under.

While Moyes didn't have a lot of money, he spent a hell of a lot more (particularly in the early part of his career at Everton) than Martinez was ever given at Wigan.

It makes me laugh too because people like you fail to see Martinez did not achieve more than his given budget. Moyes did. He was given a budget including wages of a team finishing 12th in the league but we kept finishing in the top 6/7.

What I am worrying is Martinez is at Everton now but look who he had signed? Wigan-standarded players! He does not moved on (maybe the fault of his scouts too?).

I don't particularly care about RM's track record as much as the fact that if we don't get Felli sold soon (not even entertaining the idea of hitting the self-destruct button by selling Baines) I would not trust any manager in the entire world to be able to do a top-notch job buying players with just a week or two left in the window.

It's simply not enough time. If McCarthy is already done (but we just need the money) that might help but otherwise it's not a lot of time at all to pick out players, negotiate with the club, negotiate with agent/player, do medicals etc. All while RM is supposed to be teaching his tactics and preparing for the season starting next weekend.

Plus put yourself in the mind of the club who might be selling us these players. Why are they selling this close to the window (granted different countries have different windows)? They are either are a selling club in a bad situation (like Wigan), don't rate the player, or will want a premium on the fee because they likely don't have time to get a replacement in for the player we take.

We've been dithered into a very bad spot here. Even if you are cool with the idea of selling Felli ... the time issue is getting to the point where it doesn't make sense to sell (it never made sense to sell Baines even early in the window).

Unless RM was 100% on selling Felli and has just been playing chicken over the fee (and has therefore already worked out a lot of deals in principle for replacements) it's all getting a bit last minute now.

Stop going off topic, can we get back to ****ty gossip please

Apparently Moyes and Martinez have both bought football players. Some were more expensive than others, and some were sold for more or less money than they paid for them. And Martinez once sold a player he didnt buy.

And no one seems to know how much we made, or lost, on Beckford. But we all agree that Beckford isnt playing at a decent club anymore.

No, you where asking the price of a fine officer. Fine officers are few and far between these days.

You're comma looks wrong, just saying, maybe a question mark after I said fine would have been more appropriate. I will leave it there though as I don't want to end up shanked, face down in the gutter over an internet row about a comma.

Last edited:
You're comma looks wrong, just saying, maybe a question mark after I said fine would have been more appropriate. I will leave it there though as I don't want to end up shanked, face down in the gutter over a row about a comma.
I would never "shank" a man over a comma, I was just being annoying, so I apologise.

Anyway Martinez needs men in the middle, have there been rumours to suggest this is where we are looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back