Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true, but our CB's had no options in defensive midfield areas, because Gibson and Fellaini where not intelligent enough to drop back into the pockets to receive the ball off them.

I think this is one of Gibsons main attributes... He always shows for the ball of our defenders... It was certainly that way last season. I haven't seem any Pre Season games under Martinez other than highlights. Can't wait to get back to my seat and see what's changed.

Papertalks. Did Wenger say he wants him?

And I didn't have a go at Martinez. I have just said Williams would not get to our first 11, in my opinion.

It's not paper talk though, he's highly rated and Martinez got him as an unkown for under half a million so to try and argue that he wasn't a good signing is absurd

So from the last 4 pages I have learned, we're not signing anyone, and hktoffee doesn't like Martinez.

Great transfer rumour thread.

Why is Martinez trying to buy the entire Wigan squad on a player by player basis? He'd be better off just buying the entire club, as Wigan must only be worth about 40million, if that.

Most of that 40million pound investment could be recouped by selling off all the rest of their crap players, and we would also have somewhere to play whilst Goodison Park is redeveloped.

My only concern is that Kenwright might choose to move Everton to Wigan permanently, it would be the quickest way for him to fulfill his objective of turning us into a run-of-the-mill, medium sized club, that considers finishing in the top half as being a "Great achievement".

Then how can you say he wouldn't get into our first eleven ? :lol:

I said he wouldn't get into our first eleven and I have said that about 4/5 times - IN MY OPINION.

And Williams is about 6 ft so no one will stupid enough to pair 2 short CBs. Jags or Williams give me Jags all the day.

You decided to pick something negative to say about him rather than acknowledge that he was a fantastic signing.

So I didn't say that (argue that he wasn't a good signing is absurd). Stop trying to be smart and pretending to read my mind.

I said he wouldn't get into our first eleven and I have said that about 4/5 times - IN MY OPINION.

And Williams is about 6 ft so no one will stupid enough to pair 2 short CBs. Jags or Williams give me Jags all the day.

I agree with this.

Isn't the debate over if Williams would get in out team a moot point? He's a premiership player, linked to Arsenal all summer and the original point was as an example of a player Martinez has picked out.

Isn't the debate over if Williams would get in out team a moot point? He's a premiership player, linked to Arsenal all summer and the original point was as an example of a player Martinez has picked out.

To be honest, I m not sure what any debate on this thread is about anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back