Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take with the usual pinch of salt but have been told by a mate with supposed connections to the club:

1. Fellaini being discussed & is close to completion at board level by EFC & United, who have categorically been told Baines is not for sale.
2. Deals for McCarthy & Alderweireld agreed with Fellaini money
3. Discussions between club and both Galatasaray & Ajax ongoing over Heitinga
4. EFC also in talks with unnamed Spanish-based midfielder (I assume Seville's Medel)

Not remotely claiming to be ITK, just passing on what I've been told..

If we were selling Fellaini, that would all be a very decent outcome.

In fact, too good to actually be true.

Selling felli and bringing in McCarthy is going backwards

...from all that has been said, RM has a 'global' knowledge of players and I was hoping this would take us further than the East Lancs Rd. I don't know enough about McCarthy but if we are to remain competitive a replacement needs to be able to at least maintain current standards. This is where manager's earn their corn. Roberto needs to show his worth in the transfer market because ultimately that will be where he wins or fail.

...from all that has been said, RM has a 'global' knowledge of players and I was hoping this would take us further than the East Lancs Rd. I don't know enough about McCarthy but if we are to remain competitive a replacement needs to be able to at least maintain current standards. This is where manager's earn their corn. Roberto needs to show his worth in the transfer market because ultimately that will be where he wins or fail.

I can't recall seeing any other club being interested in McCarthy, could be wrong like.

James McCarthy would be half the price of fellaini, he could do his job as well for us, that would leave us enough money in the pot for another player, hopefully another creative midfielder, I know James is from wigan but that doesn't mean he wont be a good buy.

Does all this talk of Alderweireld show Martinez fancies three at the back? If you've already got Heitinga, Stones, Distin, Jagielka, Alcatraz and Duffy to cover two centre back positions you don't spend fair whack on another one. Having said that Alcatraz is a sick note, Stones is young and Heitinga and Duffy will probably be gone by the start of the season.

not bothered if felli goes, he doesnt look suited to robertos style, we should just blag to utd that theres a few teams in for felli to drive the price up. and to replace him id look at gonalons at lyon or luis gustavo at bayern. id probably cry if he spunked all the wedge on mccarthy

Does all this talk of Alderweireld show Martinez fancies three at the back? If you've already got Heitinga, Stones, Distin, Jagielka, Alcatraz and Duffy to cover two centre back positions you don't spend fair whack on another one. Having said that Alcatraz is a sick note, Stones is young and Heitinga and Duffy will probably be gone by the start of the season.

Agreed. And Distin is probably moving into his last good season or two.

I could see Jags, Alderwiereld and Distin being the first choice defence if we play three at the back, with Alcaraz and Stones as strong cover.

I also don't expect us to play three at the back in every game; Martinez uses it as an option but not exclusively.

If this is true Im down with it.

If Felli does not wanna be here...then use the money to rebuild with players who do. If McCarthy is Martinez choice...does it matter where hes from.

This Belg defender sounds ideal...but never heard of him till couple of weeks ago so cant really comment.

Still love to see moses...direct and strong, pacey. Him opposite Mirrallas and an inform Jelavic inbetween would cause all sorts of problems going forward imo

What drug are you on David Moyes? "Manchester United weigh up £30m joint bid" Worst part is I've seen some Evertonians on other forums saying "£35m for them would be a reasonable price".
Well that's reason # 34,782 why you should never go on any other forums.

If it's such a great deal why don't Man U. just use that 35m and buy the players we would buy with the money?

"David Moyes has broken his long transfer drought by finalizing deals for some new players which should quiet the growing concern among Manchester United supporters. Moyes will unveil James McCarthy and Toby Alderwiereld on Monday morning at Old Trafford."

Reasonable!

If it was me, i'd rather spent the 15 odd million on Luiz Gustavo instead of McCarthy.

Luckily it is not me as we have no chance of landing someone like that.

If it was me, i'd rather spent the 15 odd million on Luiz Gustavo instead of McCarthy.

Luckily it is not me as we have no chance of landing someone like that.

Unfortunately Gustavo wants to go to another team in European competitions. Decent player like - Utd should go for him, let Felli be !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back